Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LOVE

this picture makes me smile.

September08 119

Remember I mentioned we had a wedding to go to, in where Bubba was the ring bearer?

Yes, my friends, it was this past weekend, during the rainstorm. Bless their hearts.

It was the wettest wedding I have ever attended. I ditched heels for cheap Old Navy flip flops, I did dress up as did everyone for the most part, but it was one muddy mess out there.

At one point, I walked by the head table and suggested mud wrestling, but when the groom got overly excited about the idea I hightailed my ass outta there.

Late in the night there was some slip-n-slide going on, *sigh* oh to be in my twenties again.

My family left around 9, I had mud up on my bra...no kidding. My black skirt and blue shirt had all kinds of mud splattered on it. Flip flops in ankle deep mud/water didn't work too well. I lost my shoe several times and the flip flop motion only added to the mud spattering going on!

Overall, though, everyone was so light hearted about the situation, what other choice did we have? The Bride only cried once about the weather and then let it go, making the best of it! It was a day, I am sure, they won't ever forget.

I took quite a few pictures, but would have loved to gotten more but I was too afraid to ruin my new camera...so I didn't get as many as I would have liked.

Bubba did just fine, he got to wear his cargo shorts (he was happy about that) and I didn't fight it seeing as they are old and I wasn't about to let him out there with pants on!! :)

*more pictures on my flickr page*

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. You got a lot of pictures of the bride's butt on there... I'm sure she'll be happy about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I liked the back of her dress...I wasn't AIMING for her ass...but leave it to YOU to see as that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that picture makes me smile too!

    i'm glad the bride was able to make the most of her day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture, great job!

    Too bad about the mud but I bet lots of others will never forget their wedding because of it too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok you have to tell me what kind of camera you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture makes me smile too! A wedding never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my sister married my BIL, it was raining. They have had the best marriage of anyone I know. Tell the bride that the rainy day wedding is a very good omen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Bubba got to do his thing! I can't believe you got mud on your BRA! What a mess!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...