Buggy and I were sitting on the couch, after just finishing her reading homework for the night she looks up at me and says.
"Who are you voting for, Mom?"
"I don't know honey, who do you think I should vote for?" I inquire.
"I think that," she looks over at me, her beautiful brown eyes twinkling, "Bo.rock. O...b...O...BAMA!"
"Barack Obama?" I asked.
"YEAH! I always need help with his name. I always wanna say O'bottom." She laughs.
"It is kinda a fun name to say..."
"If he wins," she interrupts, "he will be the first black president."
"So, Bugs, are you saying I should vote for him BECAUSE it would make him the FIRST black president?" I ask.
"um, no, I just think he LOOKS like he would do a better job than that OTHER guy." She replies.
"Who? John McCain?"
"NO, that OTHER guy...the one who is president now!"
I giggled. "I will have to think about that."
She smiles and moves on to a new topic.
*******
Happy Voting Day.
*no political debate here, I may or may not vote for Barack, just wanted to share a my daughter's opinon.
smart girl!
ReplyDeleteI tried to leave a message several times yesterday. Now I forget what I was going to say. it's hell being in your 40's.
ReplyDeleteI think that your daughter understands things intuitively. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've added you to my list.
ReplyDelete