Ha.
Yeah. Last night was my FIRST night of "freedom"...just because Hubby "moved out" doesn't mean I am "free" by any means.
I got home from work and hubby was STILL here. *sigh*
He putzed and putzed around.
He only packed HALF of his clothes (he's moving to his mom's so he isn't taking furniture).
He asked if he could come over today (Saturday) to play catch with the kids (?!?!)
He asked if he could come over Sunday morning to watch the kids with their Easter baskets.
I just looked at him and said, "so when is it that you WON'T be here?"
I know it is difficult, I am sure he is having a hard time, but COME ON...FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.
I made a schedule, he has the kids next weekend...so maybe then...maybe then I will have some "freedom" feeling. I am skeptical, however, I think he is going to linger around here.
I can't get a clean break. I know these things are usually messy, but I was hoping for a break nonetheless. Eventually, I hope.
SO basically NIGHT ONE of OPERATION DIVORCE and SINGLE MOMMYHOOD - Anti climatic.
Just remember that when he asks if he can come over, now you can tell him NO! It might feel anti-climatic but it's still a tremendous step towards the rest of your wonderful life
ReplyDeleteSorry your first night of freedom was anti- climatic. Hopefully they will all be more climatic from now on LOL
ReplyDeleteExactly!! Exercise the right to say NO! Set a precedent now, or you'll regret it later. Here's hoping for a better climax next weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh Dear. Sounds like baby steps..but they are steps!
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, I tagged you in my blog today. C'mon over and take a look :)
I am sorry you did not get the climax you were hoping for. ;o)
ReplyDeleteSo funny to me that you can easily say, 'no' to the person on the phone (previous post), but not to your ex.
ReplyDeleteIt will get better, no?
I can't imagine what that is like, but I hope it gets better.
ReplyDeletei've been there. it DOES get better. i. promise. email me. we'll talk!!
ReplyDeletexo
This all brings back memories of my fun divorce. Took me meeting him in the drive way for pick up/drop off to get some peace. My now ex would come in and go through stuff, and walk around like he still lived here. Even after Jerry moved in it was the same and I had to learn that NO word and how to set and enforce bounderies. It does take time and it does get better :)
ReplyDeleteSorry, Stacie,
ReplyDeleteBut, did like the "just say no!" comment above mine.
-Mel
I so remember that time when I was just sitting there on pins and needles waiting for the door to close behind him and the last of my married life. It happened, I was free and it felt so good. Three nights later the phone rang at 3AM. It was a hospital calling to tell me that he had been in an accident and this was the only number he could remember!
ReplyDeleteI ended up getting him back for about 10 weeks all layed up and broken. His own mom said, "He can't come to our house." (bitch)
What was I going to do? I couldn't be that cold hearted.
He left after that though!
Ugh - Sometimes men just DON'T FREAKIN GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry... good luck to you...
ReplyDeleteWhat? That was anti-climactic for sure. What a giant move out suckfest.
ReplyDeleteStacie, I don't know the divorce thing. I do know that it must be painful as just thinking about it seems painful to me. Painful for both people who once loved each other. I guess I wish that we didn't put each other through so much stuff. I'm sure that it's hard. Just hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWell it's a step, a baby step but stepping never the less! Congrats even though it feels less than exciting.
ReplyDeleteUgh! That SUCKS! Join the witness protection program. Speaking of anti-climatic...you won my K-Y giveaway! Check it out!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should do to your husband what I did to my freshman year roommate. She was taking her sweat time moving to the room down the hall after we finally decided we couldn't stand each other the rest of the school year and she, not I, would move out. Basically all she moved was her underwear and her toothbrush but kept everything else in my room. After a couple of weeks of it, I had enough and moved all the crap for her. I had it packed and waiting for her at the door when she got home from class. She flipped, but seeing as she was still using my computer to type up messages that she left around the room saying how much she hated me and how I sucked the life out of her, I figured she deserved it.
ReplyDeleteDon't even ask what I changed the password on my computer to, unless maybe you want to program your burglar alarm with it, in which case I'll tell you that it rhymes with Duck Chew.
Ugh. I meant sweet, not sweat, but I guess sweat applies to b/c she was only using the new dorm room to hook up with random guys.
ReplyDeleteI really can spell, I swear.