Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dear Mother Nature...or Karma...

Dear Mother Nature...or Karma.

I am so sorry that I ranted about the snow yesterday...and you're right it was more than just yesterday, but you see it's so difficult to drive when the visibility is zero.  I just want to get my kids to school safe and get myself to facebook work safely.   I have grown tired of looking out the window and seeing snow cover yards, snow covered roofs, snow covered streets and snow covered driveway.

HOWEVER...I would much rather have all of that, all of that white knuckled driving than the nose hair freezing blast of cold air you've now thrusted (oh yes thrusted, I said no, I am sure of it) upon us. 

Really?  A high of 7 today.  That's not counting the windchill.

I promise to not whine about the snow anymore.  I promise to snow blow my drive way with a smile on my face and an icicle hanging from my hair with joy.  I promise to not lash out at you again, if you please please please...warm us up.  I'm not asking for the 80s yet, I'd be happy with a balmy 20 degrees.  Really!

What do ya say?  How 'bout it? Eh?
Thank so much.

13 comments:

  1. send some of that my way too...bad enough that we cannot see our street due to the massive snow banks lining the street, but due to the windchill we are stuck indoors and unless mother nature helps us out here....my whole family will suffer...I do not do well being stuck indoors...

    Let's hope your rant helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. You're making promises you can't keep and she'll call you on it. The way to fix it is to oooh and ahhh all over the stuff "woo hee, that was BRISK, but damn it was refreshing" and even ask for more. Then she'll rip it all away and try to make you miserable with the warmer weather.

    Just know I'm sitting on the bench right beside you. Shivering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I havn't seen my temp creep above 1 degrees today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so flippin cold today! I miss the days when my babies were babies and we never had to leave the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed. My car is buried. Old man winter can bite me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please bring the warm soon.
    I left for work in a lovely -4 this am.

    What the hell?


    I am sooooo done with this crap.
    I may have to move. and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you handle the cold...I can't handle the sixties let alone the teens or below..yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is freaking cold here to. Too cold to go sledding. What is that crap

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hearing it's going to be warmer over the weekend. Maybe it will melt some of that snow.

    Mother nature can kiss my ass. I am so tired of this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I firmly believe that at a certain temperature, no-one should be required to leave their house. That temperature? Whatever temp it is on my lazy days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is 33 here today and I feel like I"m going to die when I walk outside. I seriously could not live somewhere that it gets as cold as 2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even mother nature can't save you now!

    Bwaa haaa haa haaaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that freezing ass cold streak is over!! BURR!

    I have all the windows open today. Listening to the wind. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...