Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day...gone

I celebrated St. Patrick's day like no other, I am sure.

It's all about the food and beer right?  For lunch I had Chinese.  Dinner I had tacos.  No beer to be had.

I really wanted a beer yesterday.  I didn't have any.  As I drove past the Irish-named bar in our town, I could smell the stench of it, I could hear the noise of bar patrons, my mouth salivated a little, my social bones ached a little.

Bubba asked if St. Patrick's day was HIS holiday.  To a seven year old, isn't everyday their holiday?  I mean, my attention sucking seven year old seems to think that everyday is his day to ruin run the roost.  It's his day and he'll cry if he wants to.

"Dad says I'm half Irish.  So St. Patrick's Day is my holiday." 

Ok.  Sure.  Have at it dude.  Party on Garth.

My Buggy girl in all her Italian coloring wore her "Kiss me I'm Irish" shirt to school.  I wonder if it brought her any luck.

Hope all of you, Irish or not, had a wonderful day...and a happy weekend, ya'll

4 comments:

  1. o Irsh, I wore a green scrunchie in my hair. We had too tough Corned beef for dinner and extremely salty potatoes and cabbage. Um yea, glad it's over.
    (we're having leftovers tonight...yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im all about St Pattys day. Love it.
    Im surprised your daughter didnt get in trouble at school for wearing that shirt. At my kids school they bane nearly everything. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. No beer for me either. I did have Irish stew and some cabbage. It is nice to not be piling green beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not irish. I don't get why people go all crazy on St. Patrick's day. People in Ireland think Americans are strange for the crazy celebrations. To them, it is a religious holiday, not a crazy party day. I didn't wear a speck of green. I did have a beer with dinner...at Red Robin. ;)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...