Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I think my daughter is a hoarder...

I really do.

She doesn't mind living in a room that has stuff everywhere.  No matter how many organizational things I buy for her stuff, it never stays organized.  She has stuff, shoved everywhere.

Maybe she's a typical kid and when told to clean up her room she just shoves and shoves until it is unseen to the Mom's eye.

This past weekend I've had the spring cleaning bug hit me.  It started with my office at work, it carried over to the backyard this weekend and last night, it was time to tackle the kid's rooms.

"MOM! Will you help me with my room?" Buggy yelled from her cave.

A loud sigh from Bubba who was happily going through his stuff with me by his side.

"Yes, Buggy, I will help you, just one minute."  I called out from Bubba's cave.

Bubba's room isn't half as bad as Buggy's...and it's half the size.  He got the system down pretty quickly.  A pile of "don't know what to do with" stuff, a pile of "want to keep" and a box to fill of "give away" stuff.  He was on a roll.  SO, I left him to it continually praising how well he was doing.

I walk into Buggy's room to see her holding a small bag of stuff to give away.

"This is all I could find to give away."  She said, holding out the small bag.

"Well, that's a start babe.  Let's see what's in this closet."   I open the doors gingerly because I know it's going to avalanche out on to me.

Oh holy saves everything Buggy.   What am I going to do with her?

I think we found enough pencils to give one to every student in her school system and STILL have enough for her to start out the next three school years.  There were papers, some with drawings, some with nothing on them, they were shoved and crumpled and everywhere.

We found three things of deodorant.  I think instead of wearing it she just hides it.  We found about 20 ponytail holders.

The list is never ending.

We only put a dent into the cleaning...there is more to do, it might take all week.  If I don't return, please call the authorities.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling my Baby Girl is going to be the same thing. She never really cleans anything. She just places it in a new pile.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...