Friday, January 18, 2008

FRIDAY!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ice ice baby (too cold)
word to ya mutha

Sums up our weather right now...burr, burr and more burr coming this weekend.

My morning didn't go so well.

The window in my van was frozen, making it impossible to have my cigarette after dropping the kids off at daycare. Which getting the kids ready was exhausting this morning because "real" or "big girl" school that we call it was closed today for the end of the grading period. So Buggy was going to daycare with her brother which is NEVER the ideal day in her mind. So the usual turtle moves were slowed even more so this morning.

I was bombarded with phone calls as soon as I walked into the door. I do not do well until I have had my first sip of coffee.

Anyway, my day has improved since then though and it is all because I have my yahoo radio station playing 1990s pop music. I have had a GREAT day jammin' to the "old" sounds of the 90s. LOL. I still think it sounds funny, The 90s...aren't we still in the 90s...oh, no? Holy cow it is 2008, how did that happen?

So when Ice Ice Baby started playing, I just smiled and thought, "It's Friday, it is a good day".

15 comments:

  1. Hi Stacie :)
    Carolyn from bb9dish... :)
    I just googled myself, and you came up, so i had to come n check out your blog! :) What little cutie pies you have!

    Thanks for the plugs!

    xo,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had today off so I was very glad it was Friday also. I can't function without coffee in the morning....or afternoon for that matter. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT song brings back horrid memories of riding the school bus in grade 11 through farm country every bloomin day with Vanilla Ice blaring on the stereo.

    UGH!!!!!!

    Oh and Sweet Cherry Pie by some heavy metal band... who was that now? Long blonde hair, spandex....

    That really doesn't narrow it down does it?

    Those were the good old days. Sweet Cherry pie is such a good wholesome song. Oh how I miss those days.

    NOT!

    Ps sorry if you like those, I just hated that bus so much, it wouldn't really have mattered what the music was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, that ice looks wonderful!! Because we are in the middle of a wicked heat wave down here in New Zealand! I want me some ice!!

    Ice Ice Baby ... LOL! What memories that conjures up for me! Love songs that have memories attached to them :-)

    I hope you guys don't get TOO cold up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, well,..the songs may have been a tad naughty at that time, however nothing compared to today's music, *cringe*! I listen to the lyrics (that's IF I can understand them) and get all sorts of embarrassed (and my kids are listening to them!). Not winning any "Mommy of the Year" awards, I'm sure! It's impossible for them not to hear it, they even play them in the school cafeteria, so it's a losing battle!

    Sorry your day started out crummy, this cold weather just blows!! I told Kami she needs to suck it back up to Canada where it belongs! :) he,he,he!

    Have a great weekend!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I saw Vanilla Ice open for MC Hammer, baby, yeah!

    And yes, the 90's was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a flash back to 5th grade with that vanilla ice song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanilla Ice...now those were the days!
    I saw him with MC Hammer too!

    Thanks for the flashback! Maybe I'll go find some mix tapes that I made in 1991!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a good weekend - and yes, Friday's are always the best day of the week. See you soon. Kellan

    (PS - been watchin' AMERICAN IDOL? Me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry, I'm still stuck somwhere between 1998-99

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'mon by, I've given you another award :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww, yeah, baby. drop it like its hot drop drop it like its hot....

    girl, yo' rappin' skillz rock my world.

    Hope your weekend's been mah-velous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw Vanilla Ice last year and met him. He is pretty hot, even now. And he is a very nice guy, believe it or not. I loves me some Ice Ice Baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are making me feel old- 90's on the oldies station- c'mon!!! It's always nice to have a good jammin session!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...