Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nevermind the (wo)man behind the curtain.

Photobucket
So last night was my first Weight Watchers meeting.

My preconceived notions went like this....
me
tons of other people
curtain hiding scale
ran similar to an AA meeting (or Al Anon)
Hi my name is Stacie and I have issues with my weight.
Hi Stacie.

Well...the reality was close, but much better.
There was me.
There were about 15 other people
A familiar face of a friend joined too. Nice to see her there as well.
I missed the introducing yourself to another person due to my really poor ability to get anywhere on time let alone early.

It was a good night. I weighed in. The room was small but had windows surrounding it. However as some of you have said, we were all there for the same reason so my weight didn't matter nearly as much to them as their own weight did. When the number came up on the scale I gasped.

It was a good gasp. The scale we have here at work has some 'plainin to do. When I weighed in at work earlier in the day in anticipation to what THEIR scale would say, it read 172. (did I just type that out loud?)

Their scale shall be my best friend and from this point on my worse enemy. It read...oh geez, ready? 166.6. There I said it.

My weight out loud, in type.

However, my surprise surpassed my disgust in my weight. I even thought, "wow, that's not too bad." I felt good a few years ago when I was down to 150, though the maximum weight for my height is 140...so I am sure that my goal for WW will have to be 140 or less....so 26.6.

That's not too bad. Really. Now I just have to DO IT. And I will.


Hey just found out that it is delurking week. Who knew?
Photobucket
I don't know who visits and doesn't comment, cause well, frankly I am just not that GOOD to know. I have no clue how to even see that, but if you come here, if you read and you don't comment THIS is the week to show me love. Really why not? Right? RIGHT? RIGHT!

23 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS how you the love!! I was never a lurker..I've always been DE-LURKED and proud of it!!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL stace, we weigh the same! don'tcha feel better now? :) srsly, you are going to do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK you Hallie, you rule and I appreciate your comments.

    Jovi...YEAH, that does make me feel better...but aren't you like 6 feet tall? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about weight watchers...and the connection to AA in the group setting as you described.

    Glad the scale there liked you better than the one at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it went so well at the meeting - we always enjoyed the meetings as much as we always felt like we wouldn't. Good luck and keep it up (use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray - you can use it on everything and it is 0 points - it was one of the best things I found when I was on WW). See ya. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. And eat lots of low fat popcorn - you can eat nearly the whole bag and it's next to no points. Drink the water like they say and keep your journel - the journel is the biggest key!

    So glad you asked - anytime. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! That scale? I need it!
    I am perpetually trying to lose 5 lbs. With scale, I have met my goal and then some.

    YIPEEE!

    Oh sorry, this is about you not me. I have trouble with that sometimes.

    I am glad your first meeting went well. My friends found them really helpful for tips and such. I know you will too.

    Go STACIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your first meeting was a positive one ... and super-duper YAY for weighing a whole lot less than you expected!! Yeah, baby!

    That is an achieveable goal, Stacie. Honestly it is. I was thinking you had more to lose than that, but you can SO do it. I lost about 30lb at WW and it only took 4 months. So just think ... if you stick with it, and do your best, you will be lookin' HOT by the time summer rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and when I said "I was thinking you had more to lose than that" remember that I've never seen your picture, so it certainly wasn't a derogatory comment! I only assumed you had more to lose because of your other post, nothing more! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  10. showin' you love, guuuurl! :)

    glad you had a good nite at WW. you go, girl. keep us posted.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Stace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll join you:

    For several months, my body stubbornly refused to budge from 173. Am now at 165.

    Not in WW, although I had success with it in the past. Am still trying, however!

    As for scales, I always go with the one that offers the more desirable weight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so great! The hardest step is probably going to that dreaded first meeting, now it will be easier from here on. I'd be really pissed at that work scale if I were you, geez! That's a big difference! I know you can do this, you sound totally committed, Yay!!!

    Love the "would it kill you to leave a comment",..too funny! :)
    (You need to give that one to Kim d for her weirdo lurky-loo!) Talk soon!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that work scale should be thrown out the window.

    I'm not much of a lurker either...I love to talk...sometimes you can't shut me up!

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog the other day through diaperswapers. I don't know if I have left a comment yet so I am a delurker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought for sure I found your blog because someone on diaperswappers posted this thread:

    http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302927&highlight=blogs

    But I went back to look and did not find you and know I can't figure out where I found you!! Oh well - you got yourself another reader!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am due February 8th but hoping for a January baby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi! i've commented a few times before but thought i'd say happy national delurking week anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you!! Just remember that first number is the starting place. It will only get better from there!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Stacie- Good luck with your goals. I am right there with ya- except you are braver than I am- you actually typed the number, I like to keep mine in my head and hope that my scale is a bit generous! I give you a lot of credit for starting weight watchers, better late than never right! Good luck- keep me updated on how your doing, it will keep me motivated to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just saying hi! Glad your meeting went better than you envisioned (and that the scale was so kind)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great motivator! Good for you for writing your true weight, that was so brave. I am not sure I could...

    ReplyDelete
  22. what kind of cruel workplace has a scale anyway?!?! and snacks? double the pain!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...