Friday, May 16, 2008

You decide

baby


Who is the bigger baby?

Bubba started complaining about his tummy hurting on Sunday. By that evening he was having some poo-poo issues. The next morning he gave back the Gatorade he drank and more poo-poo issues. I stayed home with him and here is how our day went.

Me: Hey bubs, how are you feeling?
Bubs: My head hurts mom.
Me: Ok, here is some medicine. What would you like to watch?
Bubs: Power Rangers (duh!)
Me: OK.

Later...

Bubs: Mommy, can we go to the store and get treats?
Me: Honey if you are sick you should just stay on the couch and get some rest.
Bubs: I'm ok mom, lets go to the store.
Me: Well...I could use a few groceries.

so we went.
He also went to daycare the next day, without complaint. The teachers said they would keep an eye on him and make sure that he was drinking enough water and if he had to use the restroom there would be nobody getting in his way.

Tuesday and Wednesday he went to school. Everyone commented that although he seemed ok, he just wasn't himself. Hubby took him to the dr on Wednesday night just to make sure there wasn't something serious going on....there isn't, but they kept them there until almost 11pm running all the possible tests. Hubby works midnights and decided to call off that night from work.

Next morning I am woken by my hubby's moaning.

Me: What is the matter?
Him: I think I am sick.
Me: oh. ok.
Him: I am freezing, are there windows open somewhere?
Me: No, I don't think so, I am going to get in the shower. Is there anything I can get you?
Him: *big sigh* Nooooo.

I get myself and Buggy ready for the day and head to work. Later my phone rings. I answer and hear:

Ooooohhhhh I am dying. Just thought you would like to say your goodbyes now. I think I am seriously dying.

Me: um, who is this?
Him: It's me. Your dying hubby.
Me: you're really sick, huh?
Him: Oh MY GOD, Stace, this is horrible.
Me: I am sorry, how is Bubba feeling.
Him: Not as bad as me.
Me: *sigh* Really. Is Bubba better?
Him: yeah, I think he is. He has eaten up a storm today.
Me: that is good. Have you eaten?
Him: NO WAY, I can't even think about food. If I lay on my side my stomach KILLS and if I am on my back I want to vomit. My back hurts, my head hurts. I am dying Stace.
ME: I am sorry.
Him: Alright, I will see you when you get home.
Me: Ok, take care.

The night went much the same way. Moan, grumble, bathroom.

Me: Are you going to make it?
Him: no. What should I do? My back and head are killing me.
ME: have you taken any pain reliever?
Him: no.
Me: um, *hello* why don't you take some Tylenol pm and knock yourself out *for my sanity as much as his own*
Him: No, just some regular Tylenol, can you get it for me?

SERIOUSLY. Maybe I am just not sympathetic to a GROWN man being sick.

Third baby in the house...
ME-to myself: omg, there is so much I need to get done.
Laundry is piling up.
Bathroom needs cleaning and even more so now.
The dust is going to take over the house and kick us out.
I have to take care of his ADULT *???* SICK BUTT? I don't have time for this. For real dude. Suck it up.
Buggy and I BETTER not get this crap.

Me to Buggy: I say we quarantine the boys into another room. They have cooties (she loved that and ran with it all night long).

So there you have it, who is the bigger baby? I think the four year old handle himself better than either of us adults.




Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. HA!

    Too funny. But in hubs defense perhaps it was one of those bugs that kids aren't as affected by.

    :-)

    But I hear you! Don't complain if you aren't going to at least try some painkillers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to go with hubby being the bigger baby, and I would have slipped him the Tylenol PM just for your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men are the worst - by far!!! Hope he's better soon!

    Have a good weekend Stacie - see you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie! Your blog looks so cool! and i love your picture! you are gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grown men are the WORST babies! I hope you don't get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definately sounds like the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. men are ALWAYS the bigger baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, congrats on the weight loss...you look beautiful even in the befores. ;)

    And YES, YES, YES...men are the worst patients.

    I am no peach...but I still have to live the homelife when I am sick. People go off to work and leave me to my pitiful self...so I go on. You know?

    And I laughed because my hubby always wants me to "cuddle" him when he is sick...and I am like...
    "Stay away...I don't want to get it."

    He calls me unsympathetic. Oh well.

    The Maid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey...we need to be big and strong all year long. There is nothing wrong with needing a little lov'n the 3 or 4 days a year we are sick.

    Just say'n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. men are just big babies... and we're proud of it!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. men are just big babies... and we're proud of it!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, I think ranking yourself above your kid as sicker might get you the title.

    ReplyDelete
  13. robitussin and beer. would have knocked his ass out and shut him the f up.

    (btw, i'm trying to figure out how to dope hubby up tonight so that he actually SLEEPS. since sleep is hard to come by when you have a rare and deadly disease. such as a cold. *cough*)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...