Friday, October 24, 2008

Naked

Yesterday's post has me feeling naked. Burr, is it chilly in here? :)

Even though there was a post yesterday, I was OUT of the office, thanks Blogger with your "scheduled" post thingy. Worked nicely, no?

So where was I you ask? YOU DID ASK DIDN'T YOU?

Mostly I was in hiding after that last post...as I said, I felt naked and well, I am still not THAT comfortable with my naked self.

Our schools were out yesterday and today for Fall Break, so Buggy's Brownie troop decided to do a "Boo" Camp for the day.

(Funny story, one of the troop leaders called to make sure I was really coming (they must have been scared I was going to back out or something cause they called a few times) and she says, hey! You are coming to Boot Camp, right? Boot Camp? I said, oh no, what have I signed up for? To which she quickly laughed and spelled out B-O-O camp, not B-O-O-T camp. *whew* In that case YES I will be there)

I haven't been able to attend many Brownie things because they are all scheduled during my working hours (guilt of a working mom) so I took a vacation day and went along.

It was a cold morning (and not just cause I felt naked...I think I am going to see how many times I can say naked in one post, cause saying naked is much more fun that actually BEING naked for realz) Buggy and I bundled up in a million different layers and headed to the camp.

There were about 50 girls in all so it was quite shrilly with girl voices. Instead of keeping the troops together they wanted to mix them up to meet new girls. I think to myself, oh great, you take a vacation day to be with your daughter and they are going to force introduce her to others. LOL. However, they asked the girls if their moms were there did they want to be in their groups, as I sat back waiting for the rejection of my child, she quickly ran over to my group and hugged me. :) All was good, the day was not wasted.

Throughout our day the girls got to meet new girls, make fun crafts, eat pizza and cookies and play games. When it was time for our hike we had a leader (not sure if she was another mom, a worker at the camp or what, what I do know is she was a little kooky) as we grouped around her she hold out her hand with a finger puppet of a hummingbird on it and starts talking in this really soft voice.

"Girls" she whispered. "I am wearing this hummingbird to let you all know about my name, today, you will call me hummingbird as we go along our hike."

And you my friend Hummingbird, may call me WONDER WOMAN, cause I have always wanted to be Wonder Woman. Buggy's troop leader looked at me, turning bright red, ready to laugh asked to be referred to as Cat Woman. So we were off on our hike, Hummingbird, Wonder Woman and Cat Woman, off to see what we could see with our little birdies and kiddy super heroes following along.

By the end of the hike, we were so inspired by Miss Hummingbird that we decided we should be birds of nature too. I shall now be known as Blue Jay.

In all its cheesiness, it was a fun day. The girls loved it and made some new friends and I was really glad to be a part of it with Buggy, baby Blue Jay.

Naked count : 7 times. 8 if you include the title.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. So, did Cat Woman eat Hummingbird?? Sounds like you had a blast. IT's great that your daughter still wants you. I think it's the times that we usually don't get to spend with them. LIke days when we are usually working, and we get a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, what a wonderful post. I totally understand how it feels to be "naked" after some posts too.

    Kudos for you, Wonder Woman! That Hummingbird chick sounds like a blast! Who better to show us the wonders of nature than a true fruit cake? ;) Glad you had a good time with your daughter. I'm sure you'll both remember it always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. Wonder Woman. That's what my baby is going to be for Halloween! :) Sounds like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so totally understand missingout on stuff with my girls because of work. It is so wonderful that you got to spend the day with her. I know Buggy felt special because you took the time to spend with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is that you will have many many hits with all the naked references!

    :-)

    Glad you had a great day with your Buggy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mamma Blue Jay, oh that does sound like a good and fun day. one with some funny memories to joke about in the future!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...