If you misconstrued this post as me "complaining" about being a single mother, you are WRONG.
Though complaining is one of my finer tuned techniques, the fact that I am a single mother BY CHOICE is not a complaint of mine.
It's crazy, hectic and SOMETIMES overwhelming, but if you KNOW ME...and I mean really know me, that is how I prefer my life.
I can say that I am MUCH happier at this point and will continue to expound my happiness as time goes by...as any mother knows a happy mommy equals happy children.
When the kids are not with me I don't know who I am or what to do with myself. I have to PHYSICALLY force myself to leave the couch and shower...I do know that it will get easier and more routine as time moves forward.
Therefore, if you don't know me or think you know me through a venting blog, you have NO idea...and don't know the half of me...hell not even a quarter of me and what I am about.
You tell 'em.
ReplyDeleteI momentarily misconstrued this blog as a blog that wouldn't load on my Crackberry. But it did so I too was wrong.
Shouldn't have to be said...but apparently it was needed. Hi-yah! {karate chop} You the boss!
ReplyDeleteI would imagine that being a single mother would have its share of hassles. I can also understand that you love your children. That comes through loud and clear.
ReplyDeleteI didn't interpret that as a rant against being a single mother at all. I don't think being married would necessarily make hassles with selling a house any easier.
ReplyDeleteEven if it was a rant about being a single mother, that is ok too. Everyone has bad days.
Figuring out what to do when the kids aren't with you is a task, indeed! I can totally relate. For me, I discovered cooking, cycling, and Italian soccer.
ReplyDeletehttp://dadshouseblog.com/2008/03/21/single-parent-empty-house-full-life/
Holy crap, even if you were bitching and whining and moaning and complaining... YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT! It's hard work, being a single parent. That doesn't mean it's a bad choice, just that it's hard. Tell all those crappy people to get the hell out if they are giving you a hard time about it!
ReplyDeleteAnd dear lordy lord loooord, if I only know a fourth of you I'm not sure I could handle all the rest. I might just spontaneously combust for the Awesome!
Vent away ! We all need it from time to time and if others can't figure that out then F them.
ReplyDeleteYeah what Anne said! Buncha dumbasses, get a life people and leave Stacie alone.
ReplyDeleteI wondered about that.
ReplyDeleteIf he wasn't such a dumbass you wouldn't have to vent about him.
Vent away. F'em.
Venting or not, so what? It's your blog, do what ya want. Don't let the haters get to you. We've got nothing but love for you.
ReplyDelete(This is the corniest comment I've ever left. My apologies.)
Those haters need to get a life! I don't know any mother who has NOT said or blogged those things!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!
ReplyDeleteYou friggin' go girl.
ReplyDeleteYou're hysterical.
I couldn't say anything better than what has all ready been said. Everyone has to vent every now and then.
ReplyDeleteYOU. GO. GIRL. Go all the way with your bad self!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing your strength. There will *always* be* those* people - but you don't have the time to mess with them. Keep on keepin' on - those who really know you, know how wonderfully awesome you are! xx
don't let the haters get to you, girl! YOu know where it's at and that's all that matters :)
ReplyDeletePs you are amazing, I bow to you, I think many people stay in bad relationships because they are afraid. You are courageous for knowing it is what is best for you and your kids.
How annoying!
ReplyDeleteAttagirl!
ReplyDeleteI've been getting into a lot of trouble about blogging about my feelings about friendships and relationships, too, regarding my impending study abroad trip. People need to butt out and realize it's personal feelings, not complaints or attacks!
Shawna's Study Abroad
Well said! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel - when Muffin isn't around I'm a blob on the couch. Kids are motivating, that's for damn sure.
You tell 'em!!! I have a hard time with people who think they know me, and are actually the exact opposite...
ReplyDelete