I haven't gotten deep here in a while.
(That's what he said)
If you don't want sappy and whiney then reference back to yesterday's post, mmmk?
You've been warned.
Well. She's leaving. She's moving to Arizona. She says she can't make a life here now that she is divorced. She can't be around town known as his wife or ex wife. She doesn't want to be here.
So she's moving.
And I'm pissed. I'm sad.
It's my mom. My blood, the only blood that I really have contact with on a normal basis.
Why aren't I good enough for her to stay?
There, I said it.
I know this is ridiculous, stinkin thinkin, but my heart goes there and my mind wrings the heart's neck for thinking it.
As much as I've said don't go, she's going. As much as I've made a case for staying, she's going. There's nothing I can do, she's going.
I'm so sorry Stacie! Those are normal feelings and its good to talk or write about it. I hope she changes her mind.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's a bummer, but it sounds like she's got some fairly good reasons. Just be supportive . . . it'll be hard, but that's what she needs right now.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this is Chris from the blog formerly known as that Jimmy Buffet song (sort of). You can now find me (if you're so inclined) at www.knuckleheadhumor.com
See ya soon! And hang in there.
I'm so sorry Stacie! And I think that it's normal to want her to stay. And...you are good enough that she should want to stay with you. I think that she will learn moving isn't going to change how she feels about being the ex-wife. I'm very sorry...and good for you to tell her what you feel. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. Hopefully she will rethink her decision and stay.
ReplyDeleteI just don't understand. Why would she leave y'all? Why would she leave her grandkids? I'm not being a very good friend by cheering you up. I'm so sorry. I'll tell you what I do know for a 100% fact. Everything happens for a reason and there is some reason for her to be leaving. I know that doesn't help a lot, but it is the true. Also, I KNOW that you can do it without her. I know that the three of you will be fine. I know that y'all will just zoom along and grower stronger and tighter and happier every day and that as long as you have your kids you don't really need anyone else. I have no explanation, but I do have a lot of faith.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry hon. Happy thoughts.
ReplyDeleteSometimes is good to let them go for a while, maybe she'll reconsider.
ReplyDeleteIt's about her and what she is going through, Stacey, and nothing to do with you. Let her work through what she needs to otherwise you will just be adding more stress. I get it, it must feel like rejection to you. If it is any consolation, you can have my mother.
ReplyDeleteIt's not you. It's the ex. There are too many painful reminders of him there. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, Stacie. My Mom also moved a while back. It was very hard. :(
ReplyDelete*hugs*
{Hugs}
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with PorkStar. WHAT?! Did I really just say that? EEEK!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're hurting. :( Sending hugs.
Say it isn't so Stacie! So sorry to hear about that. Sending you big (((hugs))))
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your feelings. But Mom's gotta do what is right for her. Ya know, this just makes a great reason to visit AZ and CA isn't that far from there, so you could do a vacation out here. Beaches, hot men, lots of sun, hot men...surfers (hot men).
ReplyDeleteAh, that stinks.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry :(
Awww, I am sorry Stacie.
ReplyDeleteToo bad she has to move so far.
I felt the need to move after my divorce - but less than an hour's drive...
Oh that sucks. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteThat stunk stankin' stinks.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry.
I'm so sorry to hear you going through this.
ReplyDeleteMy parents divorced when I was eight and my dad moved out of state when I was 13.
I think it's a lot easier for children to handle at a young age, they are more resilient. I think it's harder for adults to deal with.
Not that it was easy for me back then, but you know what I mean.
::hugs::
oh no! I'm so sorry...but some people need distance to heal. I'm not one of those people and it looks like neither are you. Things always work themselves out for the best- hang in there, we're here for you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad. My husband & I did the same thing to our oldest daughter 9 years ago...we moved from Nevada to Texas to be with our youngest daughter & her disabled son. Well, guess what? We finally convinced her to move here & she did 3 years ago. Oh happy family.
ReplyDeleteOh Stacie, I'm so sorry. I'm sure it has nothing whatever to do with you and everything to do with your mother trying to escape the way she feels her life is going now. Don't be surprised if she changes her mind or finds out that moving isn't the answer only time is.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. You know you are good enough, it just sucks that relationships can hurt someone to that point. I hope she really takes to heart what you had to tell her!
ReplyDeleteAWWW...my heart is heavy for you today. But it is not about you, and obviously your brain knows that. It's just your heart doesn't. And that's totally normal.
ReplyDeleteAww... I'm so sorry to hear that! I agree with Vicki - she must be really hurt to want to leave. How else can you explain wanting to move hundreds of miles away from a wonderful daughter and two awesome grandkids!
ReplyDeleteWe can road trip to AZ together! I'll visit MyHope and you can visit yo'mama!
ReplyDeleteI lived in AZ for 18 years and I turned out at least halfway normal, so while I can't promise you will ever be happy that she lives there, I can promise that it probably won't turn her into green troll or midget with bad acne. Maybe.
I am so sorry Stacie. I'm sure it is just as hard for her.
ReplyDelete