Thursday, December 17, 2009

Darkness be gone.

Last year I was still muddling through a marriage that left me drained and unhappy. I knew, it was honestly over before it started.

I was going through the motions, and posted as much.

My Christmas angel did NOT work last year, I related it to signs that I just was not lit up inside. My fire, my spark had been extinguished. My lifelessness was represented in that tree last year.

Dark Angel.

So as the kids and I went along putting up the tree this year, I didn't even remember that Dark Angel last year. I hoisted her atop the tree, affixed her dress around the branches and plugged her in.

Let there be light.

She worked. It was later that I remembered that Christmas last year. It was later that I said the signs are all pointing in the right direction and my angel of darkness has light again.
xmas2009 059

This is a fun carnival set up by http://www.ishouldbefoldinglaundry.com.

Photobucket

Click the button to see what everyone else "captured"!


Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. I'm so, so glad that the angel has light again :) I haven't read through your blog (I did go back to that post you linked to last year) so I don't know all of the details, but this is definitely a great sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't that just perfect? Warms my heart right up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your angel is lit this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad youre having a better Christmas this year!!

    Luk 1:78 "because of the tender mercy of our God, whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high
    Luk 1:79 "to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tree! :) Great photo! :) Glad the angel's working! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this post. I'm so sorry you had a dark angel last year, and reading your old posts, I know it must have been a very dark and difficult time. But I am SO HAPPY your angel shines brightly again.
    It really is beautiful (literally and metaphorically).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I just realized how my comment sounded, lol. To a sicko like you it could be interpreted another way...this I know, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful symbol of your new lease on life! Merry Christmas, Stacie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it funny how stuff like that works.

    Pretty tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new here. Hi.
    she's hitting her head!!

    following your ass now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had a rough year myself, and I'm looking forward to the new (and hopefully improved) one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your year is as bright as that angel. (How's that for cheesy? but entirely true!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy for you....Happy Holidays and may this year be filled with joy and excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one smart angel! Where can I get one? And I am loving the tree in of your front window.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that says a lot about you too.

    Very nice post, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy for you that your angel is lit this year! You deserve it! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a BRIGHT sign for the coming year! I'll take it too! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's kinda freaky about the whole angel thing. i believe in signs. it must be one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Stacie. I'm glad that this Christmas is better than the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let there be light, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tree. Glad it lights this year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad your Christmas is much brighter this year. I love the fairy too, I've never seen a lit up fairy before.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely tree and a cute angel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you are doing better this year !

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...