Listen, I don't care who you are...
PRINCE is a pretty sexy singer...just sayin.
I remember my Mom LOVING Prince, or the artist formerly known as Prince (now I think he's some he/she symbol), then as he got a little more risque I remember my Mom saying, "What??? That's Prince???" with a TSK sound following. I knew though deep down, she still secretly loved him.
There was a time that he was around for a concert... I so wished I could have gotten tickets for her and I to go. That would have been awesome. :)
So the Let's Go Crazy is fitting for this Music Monday because today (not much different from other days) I'm overwhelmed with schedules. This schedule, that schedule, his schedule, ex's schedules. I think I need to schedule a break.
However, I can't schedule a break, cause I don't have time for a break. :)
This is our last week of football and as much as I complain I'm going to miss it.
Bubba's team won this past weekend, so that was fun. He was excited.
Buggy had her first belt test for karate; she is now a yellow/white belt. She was excited.
Both exes took their respective kids on Saturday night. So Mr.FF and I were excited. ;)
My camera battery died...so I didn't any pictures of any of it. BOOOO.
Today, 10/11, is my friend's daughter's birthday.
Fourteen years ago, I was in the delivery room with my friend watching her daughter be born. No worries, I stayed up by friend's head, I didn't scope out her woohaa. I can vividly remember the day, I think I can remember it more clearly than the day of my own children's birth.
I also remember going home after her birth and crying for twenty minutes at how beautiful it all was. I still thank my friend every year for allowing me to be a part of that day with her, her husband and her beautiful baby girl.
Blows me away it's been fourteen years ago, time really flies. I am very thankful to be reminded every year just how long I have been friends with the people in my life. Some longer than others, but all equally valued. I love my friends! :)
So for a Monday, I'm kinda flying high right now; remembering a great weekend, remembering a great birth fourteen years ago and feeling grateful for friends, family,
(HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY CANADIAN FRIENDS)
Happy Thanksgiving! Also, happy birthday to your friend's daughter! Congrats to Bubba's team and Buggy! :)
ReplyDeleteI love Prince. Especially this stage if his.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post...ok, not the part about having to schedule breaks for ouselves because that is so true....but the birth of your girlfriends babe 14 years ago. Sigh. Somethings we never forget.
ReplyDeleteI can remember dancing in gym to that song with a bunch of girls that were crazy about prince! This was back in the 7th grade, that was a long time ago...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your daughter buggy!!! Time does fly!!
I think it would be awesome to witness a birth. Will you have another baby and I can be there, lol?
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes! And you made me look bad doing a thankful post on Thanksgiving. I am a bad Canadian, no post for me!
ReplyDeleteAh well, I didn't have a chance of looking good anyway....
:)
I love prince and the purple rain movie. Even if he is only like 5 feet tall.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated to your friend's Daughter. Happy belated Columbus Day. I'm not keeping up with my reading or writing well at all lately.
ReplyDelete