The last report cards: Both kids did GREAT. As and Bs. Awesomeness.
Our next ones will be on their way at the end of this month.
Funny story. Kids and I were driving in the mini-mom-mobile. We were talking about their grades. Bubba got a B in "language". I was talking out loud about what kind of homework comes home for "language" and wondering what he's missing to get a B. Not that a B is bad, just trying to figure out how to make that B an A. (It was his only B).
He looked at me with his biggest most beautiful blue eyes and said, "Mom, I haven't used any bad language...why did I get a B?"
Buhahah. Buggy and I had a great laugh about that one.
Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences.
Buggy is doing great, awesome to have in class, very helpful and eager to learn. *high fives my 4th grader*
She still struggles with remembering to bring home her student planner...and in my opinion keeping her stuff neat and tidy...crosses over into her room and hygiene as well.
Bubba academically is doing very well. Right where he should be if not a little beyond. He's still having issues with blurting out the answer in class and even though the answer is right he isn't raising his hand or allowing other students to shine. He's very concerned with everyone else's business and has to be in control when it comes to group activities. *whistles* I think I might know where the control issue comes from....*whistles*. NO PRINCIPAL CALLS TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR. For that, we are very very proud!!
Counseling:
Kids are still going. Buggy loves it, Bubba is indifferent. I think he likes it, but he can't SAAAYY he likes it. *shakes head* Boys.
We are hoping to drop them both down to one visit a month. We being the counselor and
That's that and that's that....I am very proud of the kids and their schooling so far this year. :)
*proud mom*
Nice 'Stache.
ReplyDeleteGood for the kids.
ReplyDeleteGood for the kids AND you, Mom. Ya done good! How's that for language?
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Love it, way to go kids!
ReplyDeleteExcellent. Can I send my 16 year old your way, cause somewhere right before christmas break his grades took a dip to a couple c's!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow he is on the shit list with me.
This new semester is gonna suck ass for him.
Yay for proud Momma moments. I'm so excited that it ended as a very good year for you in Kid-land. I closed out my new year trying to wrap my head (boney witch like fingers) around my 13 year old's (neck) impending addiction to porn!
ReplyDeleteParenting gold stars for me!