Click the button to see what everyone else "captured"!
This week's challenge was LETTERS. I didn't get out much this weekend other than shopping. *squeal*
But I had an idea of what I wanted to photograph letter-wise.
It is going to reveal my son's name...but worth it, really. :)
Give me an S
Give me an A
Give me an M
What's that spell?
When I was trying to decide on names for my unborn child (we didn't find out the sex) I was in my Mom's pool. I still wasn't sure that I was pregnant, but I suspected. My Aunt's labrador (shitters) just had another litter of puppies and they had decided to keep one. While I swam we were trying to come up with names for the new puppy. Since it was close to the 4th, someone suggested Sam, like Uncle Sam. My heart sank. I knew right then, that if I was in fact pregnant and it was a boy, his name would be Samuel. And the rest is history. ;) For fun, our girl name was Rebecca.
So these letters came from my Mom, she brought them up to the hospital. As I opened them I cried, (I still love his name by the way) because I just couldn't believe I had a boy and he had the most beautiful (in a manly kind of way) name.
I opened each letter and sat them on my bed, hubby (soon to be ex) got all huffy. He looked at the letters, looked at me, looked at my mom and did a little hissy fit.
See. Here is what he thought, so self centered. He thought the S was for Sam, the A was for my daugther (her name starts with an A) and the M was for me (mom). Where was HIS letter?!?!?!
Dummy.
PS...happy birthday to MY MOM today!
This is a good story, but the star of this show is the dog's name.
ReplyDeleteShitter.
I got tears.
Eh. I guess that's an ok name.
ReplyDelete:)
I can't imagine why you are divorcing this guy.
I love the name Sam - my parents said if I had been a boy that's what they would have named me. So, it's always been a favorite of mine. :) Lovely pictures!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots this week.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful story on how you picked your sons name.
I love the story of your mom bringing the letters. Ex is an asshat!
ReplyDeleteOh hey, what do you do to get the copyright watermark on your photos?
I love the name Sam....You can't be a bully with a name like Sam....lol...and hubby...lord...it reminds me of my ex husband...at the time it was so irratating...but now that it's been a few years...I laugh at how ridiculus he is...
ReplyDeleteLove the story of how you thought of the name Sam.
ReplyDeleteAnd great captures as well! Love Pooh!
I totally love strong boy names Samuel is one of those perfectly solid boy names :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photos!
ReplyDeleteNice pics ma'am and I like the name Sam, actually.
ReplyDeleteMy wee red head is a Sam too. My dad is also Sam, and he was 70 just 2 days after my son was born - so it seemed a perfect choice.
ReplyDeleteLove those letters.
Is that genuinely the dogs name?! I'd love to see pedestrians' faces as he is given commands! Sit Shitter!
ReplyDeleteI love the name Sam ... and what a creative way to take this week's capture.
ReplyDeleteLOVE both names mentioned here :) Great pictures too :)
ReplyDeleteawww, perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love the name Sam and Samuel for that matter. And I also love knowing your son's name.
ReplyDelete:)
I love that name, and the letters.
ReplyDeleteAs for your ex-husband, what an ass.
Lol! Maybe your mom knew something. Quick...ask her when I'm not gonna need batteries anymore.
ReplyDeletehe he. You have pooh and shitter in your post. Seems to be a theme this week.
ReplyDeleteI love these letters. I had some for my Baby Girl because she had a pooh room. I had to order them off ebay and let me tell the a was pretty penny (and some of the other letters that I choose not to divulge). Her room is princess now, but I've still got those sweet little letters.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics, the story & the name!!! :>)
ReplyDeleteGees, so it was all about him??!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet how you just knew his name from the beginning. Sam is a nice name. :)
You really have an eye for photography. Those are great captures and a great story too!
ReplyDeleteLove the shots, love the story! Very fun! And men can be sort of dim, no?
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome story! You made me giggle. Great shots also!
ReplyDeleteOooh, fabulous story. It's funny how the names of our kids mean so much to us when we know they will probably want to legally change them someday. I guess that's what puppies are for. :)
ReplyDeleteJust like a man! I'm laughing. I love the name Sam...is it wrong to mention that it IS our dog's name?! I think it is a fantastic name for a little boy. He will too when he has to learn to write it...I can see my son now, changing his name to Nick, just to avoid the cholas...
ReplyDeleteGreat captures this week! Great photos.
this was a sweet capture
ReplyDeleteI like the letters and the name Samual, that is cool, we have our kids name in hand painted wood letters on thier bedroom doors
ReplyDeletewow! sounds like the soon-to-be-ex-hubs was a little slow on the uptake - lol! i love your photos, and the story of the name, and your mom bringing you the letters - all beautiful! great post!
ReplyDeletei have my you capture post up now, so come on by The Shadow of the Cross and check it out. i'd love to have you visit :O).
Those letters are gorgeous. I love Winnie the Pooh things, the colors are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI have a nephew named Sam. My brother and his wife knew their child was going to be Sam either way, either Samuel or Samantha. : )
I love the last pic with all 3 - and I love the angle, and the lighting - its just beautiful! Matches the subject. :)
ReplyDeleteYou got to be kidding? That's what your ex got from those letters! That took way too much effort and thoughts on his part. WOW.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! Those are such sweet letters. Seriously I need to know, what was your response to the ex? Did he not realize that your son's name is Sam? LOL!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to your Mom.
ReplyDeleteI love those letters!
ReplyDeleteI love your creativity!
ReplyDeleteThose letters are so cute. The dogs name is the best shitters rofl.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't imagine why you are divorcing the guy, what an ass...sorry.
Really cute letters! A beautiful name :)
ReplyDeleteI can see why you and your soon to be ex are parting ways. Wow.
ReplyDeleteLove the name SAM. Great captures and great story.
Beautiful captures! I love the name Sam. For your girl name...the funny thing is that when my daughter was born 3 years ago, I kept thinking, FOR MONTHS, "She just looks like a Rebecca." (I blame the raging hormones...because her name was not Rebecca!)
ReplyDeleteoh too cute. and great story! i have character letters like that that spell kirstyn's name. hers are raggedy ann and andy.
ReplyDeletehappy late birthday to your mom too!
Those letters are too cute.
ReplyDeletegreat story!! Love the name Sam...Amber was almost a Samantha..it was thought about.
ReplyDelete