Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wordful Wednesday...

Lighthouse

This past weekend I wanted to get the heck out of dodge. My cousin and I had been trying to pick a weekend to hang out together.

As kids we were thick as thieves, then something happened.

I've blocked out 85% of my childhood or my memory just sucks donkey I am not sure when or why there was a sudden stop in all the visits. All the weekends and holidays we had spent with this part of the family just STOPPED.

Bikes on Beach

Saturday morning, after the foundation guys did their inspection on our house, I packed up the kids and took off for the rest of the weekend.

We drove, listened to music, and enjoyed watching the scenery.

Once at my cousins we cooked out, her three girls played with my kids, we hung out on her patio, it was NICE. It was relaxing.

Seagull

The town they live it was adorably cute, small, and quiet. Farmy, yet touristy, I felt warmth there. I could see myself living there.

I won't, but it was fun to dream. It's only about 40 minutes from where we are now...it has a beach just like we do here, it's quiet...I might have even looked in the window of the realty store. Plus it'd be fun to live around that family.

There are three girl cousins on that side, who all have kids that are girls too. It is a girl fest; poor Bubba. ;) They all hang out together a lot, the sisters, their kids, their mom...it's just a bunch of family togetherness.

I guess that is a good thing and a bad thing, but it's one thing that hasn't been happening in my current family situation...so to me, on the outside, it looked pretty darn good.

So for unwinding, I hit most of my marks, sat with a friend (cousin), took pictures (above) and went to the beach. It was a good weekend. Good indeed.
If you want to see more WORDFUL WEDNESDAYS...CLICK THIS BUTTON



or check out, Mostly Wordless Wednesday...
OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.


Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. Love the area, tried to figure out where you are! I want to be there!!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you had a nice weekend. You deserve it.

    Love the photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like a nice little place... I would enjoy walking around the city with a bullhorn chanting about "Cheese for sale!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Stacie ... I love the Schwinn bikes and the other pics ..
    I am so glad you got to go .. Bubba will recover no worries! I moved 800 miles away from my family and I so miss them and the QT time ..sniffle ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and sounds like you had a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a dreamy little place:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you get your vignettes to look so fantastic?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, wonderful pictures. Sounds (and looks like) a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds heavenly! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic pictures. I wish I had that kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a little sleuthing a couple of days ago. I think I know where you are. I am not going to come out there and stalk you...cause that would require flying and I don't do flying. I was just curious where this beautiful place is.
    As usual, great pictures. It is great to hangout like that. I wish I could do that with my sisters. They only live 5 miles and 12 miles away from me. But alas...it is not to happen. Our schedules are all screwed up and we are never off all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds absolutely idyllic! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It makes me happy to see you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is amazing! I would totally live there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel more relaxed, and I didn't even go anywhere. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great weekend! Looks like you guys had PERFECT weather! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful pics!!! glad you got out and had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pics are terrific-so crisp and clear. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colours are so vibrant and the photos so crisp. I want to be able to do that too!

    But it's kind of easier to just come here and see yours...

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...