Monday, March 10, 2008

ugh...

so, I filed for legal separation and don't have anything really to say that isn't ranting and raving.

It is all so messy and as brave as everyone is saying that I am, I just don't feel brave and I don't feel like I have answers to the very basic of questions.

He wants to stop drinking, but will that aleiviate all the anger and crap that has gone of over the years?

I have a counseling appointment for myself to try to work through all of this.

One part of me feels like RUN RUN RUN away fast!! The other part of me is WAIT, maybe he will change and if he does change will I be able to get over all the hurt and feelings?

So many questions and no one that can answer them but me.

This sucks.

11 comments:

  1. Stacie,

    Big Hug, sweetie! I can't even imagine how difficult it was for you to go ahead and do this. I know you've given it considerable thought and evaluation, you didn't just do this on the spur of the moment. I'm glad that you're going to talk to someone. I think it will help you to understand how your feeling and sort things out. I don't think anyone is expecting you to have all the answers. Sometimes you just have to do what you think is best in your heart. It's not a divorce, it's a separation. It's a time to step back. Maybe he will change. I hope he does.

    I do think you're brave, or maybe that's the wrong word, I guess what I mean is strong. I think you're a strong woman, and I think no matter what happens, you're going to be alright. I'm here for support anytime you need it! Take care.

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie,

    being brave doesn't mean you have the answers, it means you are doing what is right for you and your kids. You are brave and strong and so full of love and kindness. It breaks my heart to know that you are hurting so much, I wish I could hug you and take you out for nachos and talk until 3 am.

    I think you will figure all this out and whatever happens, it will be for the best. Maybe this is the thing that will help your husband get better. And if he does, then you can work through all the baggage that comes with living with an alcholic.

    I am thinking of you always,
    Take care dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are under an extreme amount of stress right now. Counseling should be very helpful for you and your situation. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and will pray that you have wisdom and strength right now. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie ...

    Babe, all I can do is send massive cyber (((hugs))) your way, and let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you.
    You may not "feel" brave, but it's more than a feeling. It's a verb. You're DOING something brave, and I'm sure it's positively terrifying. When you don't feel brave, draw on the strength of others. Because you have so many friends and people who support and love you. Make their love your strength.
    I'll pray that you find the answers you are looking for. The ones nobody else can answer. God can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacie, if he does change then you can always start over - fresh. You need to find peace and do it the only way you know how.

    Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang girl! Brave comes in all forms and fashions and you've surely got it. You're putting yourself out there. You're questioning what you're doing, not going in blindly and stubbornly.
    I know I might not take my own advice well and I'm not here to give any right now but just wanted to let you know that you've got this. You're going to be okay.

    Here to read and support just as you've done for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I must say good for you. I wish my sister would take the first step like you did. You can always step back if need be but for right now you are making a statement that you will not be treated like this. I wish my sister could be as brave as you. Good luck and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big step! Good for you! I wish I had some words of advice but I haven't been in that type of situation. I can offer words of support - you know your blog friends are here for you, wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are brave, that is a massive step!
    Hang in there, I sure hope every thing works out for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just one BIG HUG for you!!! And two smaller ones for your two beautiful children! {{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Hon, I am sorry, but then I am proud of you as this is something that does, in fact, take great bravery. You will get stronger with each step.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...