Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Toothfairy, where are you?

Buggy lost her seventh tooth last night. It was hanging by a thread and has been for a few days now. She has been pampering it, eating little on that side and asking for very soft foods to make sure that that baby stayed in there.

I offered several times to yank it out for her. :) She shrieked, "NOOOOO."

Finally last night was the night, she messed with it one too many times with her tongue and it came out. She was so excited, until she saw the little bit of blood that came with it. Dramatically she runs outside, "mom, my tooth, my tooth and it is bleeding!" Excitement and concern in her eyes all at once.

We go inside get the tooth put in her tooth fairy pillow and wads of napkins to stop the bleeding. She was happy. Reeling about what the tooth fairy will leave for her. Five dollars? One dollar? A nickel?

"If the tooth fairy leaves me a nickel, will I be able to buy a Webkinz with it?" She asked.

"um, not unless you have another $14.95 to go WITH that nickel, sweetie."

"Do you think the tooth fairy will leave me $14?"

"um, I don't think so."

She finally starts to lay her head down, tooth fairy pillow propped up on her headboard so the tooth fairy will be sure to see it. She is grinning, toothless mixed with big girl teeth (which she asked that I call them "adult teeth" last night) she says, "I can't wait to wake up to see what the tooth fairy leaves me."

"We will see in the morning, babe, I love you goodnight."

Off to sleep.

OFF TO SLEEP.

This morning I hear from her room, "Give me ONE example of why the tooth fairy didn't come!"

*CRAP*

Maybe it was THIS tooth fairy on duty last night?

toothfairy

*or your mom is an airhead*

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Ooops! Yep, I've done that before. Talk about enormous Mommy guilt! Once I was able to trick him into looking on the floor for it, while I stealthily slid a dollar under his pillow. The other times I just had to convince him that the Tooth Fairy was just backlogged.

    Oh well. At least she didn't pull it out too soon. My son always does that and then ends up with a gap tooth grim for like six months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh!! This is my worst nightmare - I have a drama king who would act like the world was ending if the tooth fairy did a "no show"! He's only lost 4 baby teeth so far, and 2 were at the same time, so that's 3 times I have had to remember to put the money under the pillow. Every time, I wrote myself a big note and stuck it by the door of my room, so I would see it before going to bed. The first 2 times, I didn't need the note. The last time, I went to bed at 10pm and the note reminded me ... thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tell her what we tell ours...
    the tooth fairy only comes on Fridays.

    :)

    Not only do we perpetuate the Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy lies, but we stink at it so we have to make up more!
    LOL

    The Maid

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPS! I've written myself notes before so that I wouldn't forget and then I stick them on the bathroom mirror. I'm sure that one day my kids will find them!

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how funny! I have a tooth fairy post coming up very similar to this - HA!

    Have a good evening - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are just entering this terrain, and he's totally freaked out about anything but poop coming out of his body and any amount of blood whatsoever. I'm not really looking forward to it. I even found myself getting anxious at McD's a few days ago b/c I thought, Crap, what if it comes out here and I have to drag his limp body out while trying to mop up the blood and catching my other one inside the playland?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! Well, she has something to look forward to tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops...that's what happens when the toothfairy doesn't get enough sleep. What was the answer? What are the chances that the toothfairy will bring $14 now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh. You just cost yourself a Webkinz.
    Feel free to make fun of me when this happens in four years at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it wasn't for my husband the tooth fairy would be permanently absent from her because I NEVER remember.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...