Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meme-shmeme.

I was tagged....and well...shit...I like doing Memes when there is just too much else going on to write about.... for clarification on yesterday's post...it was my Mom calling me for dinner and I do have an idea why she wants to meet...and that I guess is why I am afraid of it...but, I will go! My mom and I are very close...but not every relationship is perfect. Anyway...I am sure I will vent here after it is all said and done...stay tuned. ;)

My blogging friend Calicobebop is the tagger....bless her heart ;)


The rules are to write five positive things about yourself. I don’t care how goofy or weird those things are; I simply want them to be things you think are rad and that you absolutely believe with your whole heart. Like don’t hand me any “I’m a great mom!!” stuff if you actually think you’re only a pretty good mom. See what I mean? After you write your list, tag five other people to compose a list.

*seriously, this post has been opened for an hour hours and NOTHING is popping into my head*
*I seriously asked a friend to name five good things about me...kinda defeats the purpose of ME recognizing the good things for myself*

1. I think I am a good mom...oh crap, that is in the rules to NOT say. (I try to hard to be the best mom I can be)

Starting over.

*why is this so difficult?*


1. If there is something I want...I usually dive in head first and get it...no matter what. So I guess you can say I am goal driven, even though there isn't a list of goals that I have for myself...not really.

When I decided to go back to school for my Associates...I went in, signed up and started the next month. I was dedicated and driven to "get 'er done"...and I did, no matter what obstacle was in my way. I worked 40 hours per week, Buggy was 2 when I started and in the middle of it, I got pregnant with Bubba. (My current weight loss success is another example)

I was so dedicated that two days after giving birth I was in that school taking the final that I had missed due to delivery..thank goodness it was an excused absence. I finished.

There is still more schooling I want to do...and I know that one day I will do it. I will get it done and I will prevail. *pumps fist in the air*


2. I tend to see the good in people FIRST...before any of the negative creeps in. Even after the negatives slap me in the face, I believe in the good and see the good. Of course sometimes this makes me a really fluffy doormat, but really, I think it is a good quality (not the fluffy or the doormat part, but the ability to see the good in people).


3. I am kind. I am a good friend. I am a good listener. (damn, I should separate those and make them, 3, 4 and then 5)

4. see #3
5. see #3

I am horrible at this.

Who to torment tag?
Liam
Le Porkstar

those two are my non lurking MALE readers and lets face it, men have a great time talking about how wonderful THEY are... ;) so lets see it boys.

three more...

I am new to her blog...so lets see her answers... Liz from My Quarter Life Crisis
Mommy from the Midwest
and last but not least...
Tales of a Blender Kimmy





Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. FIRST, THANK YOU FOR NOT TAGGING ME!

    Secondly, I like #3 about you Stacie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five things?

    1> I believe everyone is worthy of respect.

    2> I try to be there for my friends.

    3> I'm proud of myself for losing almost 20 pounds in the few months.

    4> I try to support my wife in her hobby/business as much as I can.

    5> I try to live by the golden rule.

    is that good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i have had days like that where i try to think but things don't come to mind... ugh. because i am sure there are tons more great things about you... you just need another cup of coffee!

    i love #3 about you too! oh and you could have said that you are a great bloggy buddy that is very loyal with the comment love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work...now, you should plan on coming up with one a day for 2 weeks and see where you end up...no, that is not a meme...I hate getting tagged for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me :-)

    Ok, Let me think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm five things...
    1. I'm a very good listener.
    2. I'm very good at procrastinating (procrastination is good!) ok, I'm good at eating... (I'm skinny though)

    .... this is not easy

    3. I'm good at getting back up stronger after falling off the horse.

    4.I'm good at not liking men or sharing their ideas or chauvenism (spell?)

    5. I'm pro-chickies... i'm a sort of feminist, I'm all for girl power, I'm good at giving women the right to rule the world and the universe. I'm sure God has got to be a female.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny - I loved reading this - Ha! I'm sometimes a fluffy door mat too!

    Have a good evening, Stacie - see you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah crap, now I have to think...

    answers coming up

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I believe I am a good friend, and I genuinely care if someone I know is hurting.
    2. I can multitask like no one else.
    3. I ate vegetables today
    4. I am learning to not give a rat's a$$ about what other people think.
    5. My newest accomplishment - 7 page paper- 2 hours.

    Wow, I am sorely lacking in accomplishments. I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am here, I am here! I was away for thanksgiving and didn't open my google reader once. Now I have some serious catching up to do.

    And also no ideas for posts lately.

    Off to read the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Stacie! I'm glad you did it! It took me several days to think up my five too, but it was a good exercise. I needed to reflect on my awesomeness. hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  12. stacie, why was this so hard for you?! you're so awesome in so many ways. at least, from my view. i swear, sometimes i think you and i are the same person... not that i don't have an ego, but i spend so much time writing in a self-effacing manner, that this one was hard for me too...

    good times! :D

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...