Friday, June 26, 2009

Enough with the Loss

Three celebs in one week...

and

though this doesn't really rank up to the loss their family and friends are feeling...

but...

My company just let two people go today.

Thank GOD I still have my job.

HOWEVER...

pay cut starting July 1st.

fuck.


What? yes. Silver lining.

I'm not dead.

RIP, Ed, Farrah and Michael.


I'm still employed.

Yeah. OK. It's all good.

Let's hope that this weekend will make up for it all.

Cause, y'all, I'm going to a GREAT REUNION this weekend. I can't wait, I hope it gives me lots to blog about ;). It might just start with, this one time...at band camp...or not...


(this movie cracked ME UP...and my band camps were nothing like theirs...just sayin)

Bet you all didn't know I was a band geek.

What's that?

You did?

Yeah well. HOT BAND GEEK, thankyouverymuch.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. HOT BAND GEEK??.... allllrighty then! lol

    Yes the whole MJ and FF this week was a little too intense too and sorry to hear about the people at work.

    Enjoy your weekend too, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I was so a band geek! I was percussion I am going to guess you were clarinet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that you have a good time. I was a study geek. I agree that yesterday was a weird day--God was busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a band geek too!!!! Color guard baby!
    :) Actually if you were in the band at our school it meant you were pretty cool...great music dept.

    Our stories were more like "this one time, on the band bus..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah, what instrument did you "play" ?... something that blows me thinks? : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. *raises hand* i was a band geek at least for 2 years and 2 instruments...i couldn't play anything if you asked me to with those instruments. oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids are band geeks and I'm worse than that----a BAND PARENT!!! Arrgghhh!! Except I'm not 300 lbs, so I'm a HOT band parent. :)

    Hey, is anyone surprised at the 3 celebs who died?? I'm not. Not even MJ--that guy has been killing himself with drugs and surgeries for the last 20 years. Who's surprised?? With all the suffering all 3 have done, I say they are finally at rest.

    I'd safely say those of us who are losing our jobs and cannot figure out how to feed the family probably have it worse off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Hot band geek." Don't see those words together very often. LMAO @ Pork Star. "Something that blows." HA!

    Enjoy your weekend! Look forward to stories and pictures.

    Lin, MJ died of food poisoning. Ate a 5 year old weiner and 7 year old nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gross, Samsmama, but probably as close to the truth as anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too much loss... craziness... have a good weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been crazy in the world of celebs, yes. Crappy on the paycut, totally crappy but it is wonderful that you still have a job.

    this one time at band camp....Ha! I loved that. I was a band geek too, though we never had band camp. Oh and I sucked royally at actually playing my instrument. So you know..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great weekend too!

    And yes, enough with the loss. It's been a sad week but life goes on. We have a lot to be thankful for, like you said, you still have a job.

    Hope you'll enjoy the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really a band geek but I play a mean skin flute. Does that count? And here's to silver linings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun. And sorry about the pay cut. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a good weekend too. Just what a good weekend to you is I don't know, but I hope you have one.
    As far as dead celebs go, thank God they die often like the rest of us. I love making fun of dead celebs. It's what I was born for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. band geek in middle school. it happens.

    just grabbed your blog button!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He Hee
    Another band geek here. Flute of course!

    Thought I would let you know I came and grabbed your button too. (hmm that does sound a bit odd eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Love your blog! I left you an award on my blog - allstace.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like I missed out on something, no band geek here, lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. And now, the saddest one to me, the most entertaining man in show business...no, not Michael Jackson...Billy Mays...
    Nobody will ever be able to get me to buy something by screaming at me again...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah...I have so had enough of the deaths but I guess it does put some things into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was a flag girl. But hey, those poles were good for something... but not that. They were used poles. And umm... I don't even know where to go with that one. So, I'll just shut up now.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...