I ran into him at the school picking up our daughter when I was there picking up the Hellion.
"What are you doing here?" He said.
"Picking up Bubba, he's in trouble again."
"Oh, boys will be boys." He snickered as our little angel daughter's face appeared in the hall.
"I am going to talk with Bugs about it this weekend, I will call you because you need to know what is going on as well." I sighed.
Ah, but time went on and I didn't call.
*DOOOH*
I was (am) on the roller coaster in my mind.
Up and down, around the twists and turns from thinking something TERRIBLE has happened to Bubba, back down the ride with my heart in my throat to this is just playground talk and around again.
The counseling appointment last week was just informational. I believe the "real" work and true test will be on the next FEW appointments that she sees Bubba alone.
"Hi, I need to have some of your time to discuss what is going on with Bubba." He sighed.
"Shit. Yes, I have been meaning to call you. I have no excuse for not calling."
"Yeah, this is much more serious than I had thought. If Bubba is being exposed to something than it could very well be happening to our daughter too."
"Yes, I know." I choked out.
He was reasonable on the phone. Calm, but concerned.
Basically we are getting Buggy into the counselor too, just to be safe.
All of it really has me stressed and concerned and scared.
The "what ifs" are drowning me.
BUT I AM trying to keep my head above water and trying to take the "right" steps to getting this resolved.
You are doing all the right things. Take a deep breath and just take it one step at a time.
ReplyDeleteYou are such an amazing mom and doing everything right. It will be OK. No matter what, you will carry them through (or kick their lil butts through) anything!
ReplyDeletecyber-smooches!
You are doing the right thing. And you are so strong and keeping a level head. Go Stacie!
ReplyDeleteeverything will be okay in the end. if it's not okay, it's not the end.
ReplyDeletegirl, we need to open up a bottle of wine!
Yuck. Just wish I could reach out and give you a hug.
ReplyDeleteOh my, I have to dig deeper into your blog to see what is going on (if you blogged about it) ...
ReplyDeleteIt certainly does sound like you're taking the proper steps here.
I'm sending positive vibes your way!
From an outsiders perspective, you are doing absolutely everything right...but I am sure you are terrified and lost all the same. Lots and lots of prayers and hugs coming your way!
ReplyDeleteI agree It sounds like you are doing everything that you should be doing in this situation.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
(((((HUGS)))))
ReplyDeleteOh like you need more S*** to deal with. Hoping for the best.
ReplyDeleteI pray this works out for the best. I don't know what else I can say. You are doing everything right !
ReplyDeleteHugs.
ReplyDeleteI am not familiar with the whole situation, but I just want you to know that you are taking the right steps. The most important thing to do is acknowledge that there could be a problem. There are some parents that would rather just sweep things under the rug and think that problems will just go away on their own. Unfortunately this does not happen and their children are the ones to suffer.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get this figured out. He is very obviously being exposed to something he shouldn't be somewhere, and I know that's a VERY scary feeling. Hang in there sweetie. I wish I could do something to help.
ReplyDeleteAt around age 12, my son went through a stage of writing the most icky sexual stuff in a notebook which he conveniently left out so he would get found out. We dealt with it and now he is married, has his master's and is in law school.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing the right thing. The lump in your throat is hard to deal with but someday you will look back at this as a stage that was dealt with. Hugs for you.
I am glad that you both are on the same page about counseling. Take it easy on yourself.
ReplyDelete