
Capt'n Cancel strikes again.
This past weekend was HIS weekend, just as he has on other weekends lately, he had to work.
"What are you plans? Do you have plans?" He asked.
"My plans are that I have Bubba." I respond.
Cause that's how it's gone lately. I haven't made any major plans that didn't involve the kids, because he's such at cancel creep.
He did have Bubba on Sunday, after showing up an hour late. He picked Bubba up, went to lunch with him, was suppose to take him fishing (not sure if this really happened or not) and then promptly dropped Bubba off at his brothers so that he could go out to dinner with a high school friend.
I am sure Bubba DID want to spend the night with his cousins, but what I am even MORE sure of is that Captain Cancel took that as a golden opportunity to go out with his favorite people, himself and Coor's Light.
What an ass.
****
I've noticed a slight change in Bubba's attitude at home for the better.
I hope my crack down on him has had a positive affect on him. I hope! I hope! I hope!
I know that if I don't remain consistent then it was all for naught.
He has a counseling appointment on Friday.
(Don't forget my awesome nomination for parenting blog...cause my parenting skills rock...ahahahaha.)
****
My yard is pretty much cleaned up from that latest storm that blazed through.
We did chop up some of the tree in the neighbors yard and made sure that the tree from "my yard" was removed from their yard.
We would have done more to help them out had they not sat their asses in their house all weekend, even at one point they stood on their back step and WATCHED us cleaning up.
Kinda ruined our good deed mood, ya know?
As my insurance adjuster said, it's their problem let THEM worry about their fence and yard.
Jacktards.
****
Buggy's dad, the total opposite of Captain Cancel, after having his child support re-evaluated last year realized that he is allowed to have Buggy for one half of the summer.
Therefore he'd like to take that privilege up...NOW.
It's his right and I want to do what's best for Buggy, but IT SURE SUCKS. I don't want to share her THAT much. :)
Can't please me, one Dad that never takes his kid and one Dad that takes his kid too much. Neither situation makes me happy. ;)
Well, after mapping it out on a calendar, we are going to try our first split summer visitation. If it doesn't work out we can revisit and come up with a different plan for next time.
****
Bubba said to me last night, "Why can't I spend the summer with my Dad?"
*raises fist in air*
****
I have the worse case of cramps and PMS today, so this really could qualify for a F-U Tuesday or a Totally Ticked off Tuesday...or a you better stay the fuck out of my way today...or yeah...you get my drift right?
*puffs up chest- lunges toward you intimidatingly*
****
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day...if not, it will be a wordless Wednesday for your sake and mine.
Jacktard... I LOVE IT! :)
ReplyDeleteI freaking love randomness! That sucks that there is no happy medium with the visitations. We have full custody of my step-son because him mom is a child abuser who just gets to visit him for 2 hours every other sunday. Part of me wishes she was a decent person so she could deal with his crap more often. Is that wrong?
ReplyDeletenow that's Random!!!! grrrrrrrr on the not so Random Cancellation, cause you were expectingthat one. :(
ReplyDeleteMy daughter dad hasn't seen her in TWO fucking months...
ReplyDeleteThen I get a text msg saying,
'Hey I know it's been a while. LOL'
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
How frustrating!
ReplyDeleteI had a dad like that & it sux, but you do move to life ( all the good people in your life help with that). Keep being the kick ass mom for the kids.
ReplyDeleteMr Monkey
I had a dad like that (or sperm donor as I refer to him), but rather than him missing weekends, he missed 11 YEARS...in a row. The only reason I saw him after 11 years was because I asked to see him. Asshole. Nothing like seeing your dad for the last time when you're 10 -- then all of the sudden 21.
ReplyDeleteI hope the half summer split works out for both you and your ex (and your daughter, of course). I can imagine it would be terribly difficult to be away from her for that length of time.
I can only imagine how tough it would be to all of a sudden have to split the summer...when it rains it pours i guess...I love your light attitude about it all...laughter seems to be the best medicine in these crazy situations!
ReplyDeletePoor Bubba... I hope this therapy really helps. I think the third party to talk to about the "why can't I go with my dad" will help. That isn't somethings you should have to explain.
ReplyDeleteJust stopping over to say hi, I saw a comment over on Martians and well, I'm always interested in another Stacy(ie) that is living in madness :) So, hi.
ReplyDeleteJacktard. I am so adopting this!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry but you damn funny when you are PMSing. Bring it on!
And also, sorry about the dad situation. I can see how both would make you unhappy.
Wow, your neighbors suck !
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better tomorrow !
HA! I have been living in totally pissed off mode. I went for my annual feel-rather check up and they said "well, why would your other doc take you off your ppd meds? now you have a preschooler and a toddler, it will only get worse for a year or so" I keep praying for the crap to kick in!
ReplyDeleteI had a dad like Bubba's. We don't speak now
Never amazes me at how some people lose their ability to care for another, especially their own!!
ReplyDeleteIts unfortunate that some kids have dads like that. My daughters father was exactly like that. Would have her waiting for hours to either not show up at all or late. and she would wait, hanging on his every promise. It just SUCKS.
ReplyDeleteAt least 4 of my daughters tatoos are due to the non-relationship she has had with her father over the years. SHe is 20 now and it hasnt freakin changed.
It sounds like enough to make a person get irritated.
ReplyDelete