Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey, road signs and St. Louis, oh my.

The night before thanksgiving, Mr.FF and I worked on his donation to the Thanksgiving dinner.  He was "forced" into bringing a cake to the festivities.  He really wasn't in to making any cake, didn't want to do it, however, he did and he let me help.

We're so proud of our creation.
turkey2

turkey

It tasted just as yummy too.  It was a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.  The head and neck was made with rice crispy treats and modeling chocolate.  Doesn't it look awesome?

Well, as usual, the cake took longer than we had hoped and we ended up running late to my Gramma's for dinner.  In my efforts to hurry, I had to move a road sign out of my way, driving down into a ditch and THANK GOD that we weren't injured.

It was just me and Bubba in the van, Mr.FF and his boys were following us.  I was entering onto the highway ramp.  I remember thinking, whoa, this is tighter than what I thought (twss).  By the time I took my foot off of the gas, the van started to slide and go sideways right into a construction sign.  We bounced off of the sign and drove right down into the very deep ditch (yeaaah).  When we came to a stop, I straightened out the tires and floored it to get the heck out of there.  I was worried we'd start sinking and we had a dinner to get to by golly.

I got us back up to the top, put the van in park, made sure Bubba was ok and laid my head onto the steering wheel.  A few seconds later, Mr.FF is at my window.  *tap tap tap*  He didn't say a word, he reached in and rubbed his hand on my back until I could lift my head. *gotta love him*

"How F'd is the van?"  was all I could squeak out.

Well, it's not too bad, but let me tell you....I am SICK AND TIRED of these accidents I keep getting myself into.
*shakes fist in air*
*sigh*

We had a lovely dinner (after my shaking had subsided), I dropped the kiddies off to Capt'n Cancel and then went to Mr.FF's family dinner (equally as lovely). 

Friday morning, we all piled in the van and headed down for my annual trip to see Kimmy Sue!!!


our trip album cover

This reminds me of a CD cover.

To be continued....fyi, Mr.FF drove the rest of the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. The cake - WOWZA! I love the detail in the neck - it looks so real.

    The ditch...yikes, glad you got out of the ditch. Here, with all the snow, GOOD LUCK!

    And that last picture is phenominal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and Bubba are alright. I backed into a Lexus at daycare a couple of weeks ago if that helps. My trailer hitch left a huge dent in he bumper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool cake! also, wicked photo of the children. What sort of effect it that? It's not secret, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks awesome and glad you two were not injured in your little accident. Hope you van isn't f'ed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a real cake? WOw you guys are good.
    Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, that cake is freakin' awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake was amazing! Well done!

    It must have been so scary to end up in the ditch. I would have definitely freaked out and made the hubs drive too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him. He knows just the right things to do, doesn't he? :) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that no one was hurt. Thank goodness for that.

    That cake is too awesome. He is a true confectionary artist.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...