Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Relay for Life.

OK, so here's the deal. I've been challenged to raise $48 online in 48 hours for Relay For Life.

Donating is quick and easy - and any amount, no matter how small, WILL make a difference in the fight against cancer.

Can you help me out?

Skip the java this morning and donate the $5. If you pack your lunch you could donate $10.

Every bit helps!

Click to donate. Thanks


****

About three years ago a friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. 

She is a year younger than me.

This May she went in for her recheck.  She was cancer free.

Since that appointment however, she had been sick with bronchitis...or sinus infection...or something other than what was REALLY the issue.

When she went to the hospital for the second time it was because she was passing out when she laid on her left side and was having issues breathing. 

The doctor finally did some testing on her lungs and what they found caused them to do a P.E.T scan.

That P.E.T. scan has confirmed six spots on her lung.

She has lung cancer.

I am just speechless.  I am just sad.  I am angry.

I feel helpless, but I can walk and I will walk. 

You can walk or donate...or both.

My friend finds out what stage the cancer is on Friday, ironically the same day I'm walking.
Find a walk in your area...  http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/findevent



















See my other posts about Relays from previous years...here and here

3 comments:

  1. Consider it done. Just donated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How heartbreaking and frustrating to watch your friend go through this.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...