Friday, March 16, 2012

Bears Game (a post from September that I never published)

The GOOD, the BAD and the ANNOYING.


THE GOOD:

Buggy and I went to the Chicago Bears game last night with Mr.FF's parents.

It was hot.  90+ degrees down on the field at start time.

It is unnatural to go to a professional football game in shorts...and beer that warms with in 2 minutes of pouring it.

Not that I had any beer, but I can imagine it wasn't too cold.

I felt bad for the vendors that had to carry that stuff up and down the stands.

I love, love, love going to the games, but I am way too much of a people watcher to catch everything that happens on the field.

(Note, one of my favorite recievers caught an awesome pass for a touchdown, that rocked...and Mr.FF...Christmas. Knox. 13. Size Med. mmmk?)

Back to the people watching, there were four gentlemen, er men, er guys, er...kids in front of us.  They did not shut up, the entire game.  The more they drank the more they talked.  They harrassed each other to a point that I thought they were going to stand up and duke it out due to their intoxicated state.  I kept picturing the fight breaking out and me having to push them all down the stairs to get them to stop.

The one had legs the size of trees, so a leg sweep would have been out.  I would have had to push...and push hard (twss).  To match his tree stump legs, he was a large guy...tall and stocky.  He reminded me of this guy...his voice even sounded like him.

(If you don't know who that is, then you don't watch enough reality tv. ;)  Or I watch too much.  This is Jason Davis - He was on Celebrity Rehab season 4.  He also appeared on Millionaire Matchmaker, where he farted ON his date.  He's real classy like that.  Meow. NOT.)

Back to the kid in front of us...he was ridiculous...and I think my 10 year old daughter behaved better than him...however she was at beer zero to his way too many.

He made me wish I was home, in the comfort of my air conditioned home watching the game on TV...and that's saying A LOT.

I am glad, though, that I was able to go with Buggy.  She was giddy to be alone without any other kids.  She was fun, she was funny...and when I have her one on one like that...I really like her.  Really.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of intoxicated idiots. Sorry they nearly ruined it for you.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...