Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In where I continue to whine about clothes

It is fall. I guess I should have expected it with the date being October 1st and all, but damn, it is fall out. Today's high? In the FIFTIES. It is dark, raining, windy, and FALL.

Don't get me wrong, I do love fall, the colors, cool nights, pumpkins and comfort foods galore.

Here is my problem (again!) with THIS fall. I have one pair of pants and even THEY are too big on me (I know whining about my weight loss again). I need to go shopping, but money is so tight right now...but I can't go on wearing Capris everyday...or worse SHORTS.

Geez, can someone hand me a tissue for all my whining and cryin?


*edit, could I say FALL one more time in this post? FALL*


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Um, yeah. I have the EXACT same problem except that all my pants are too TIGHT! Let's switch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "let's switch pants" not "lets switch problems" because damn, you worked so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all good for you. Second of all - damn you for reminding me that I have to squeeze into my fall wardrobe again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have gotten away with shorts here today. It was 87 degrees! Holy Moly. Old Navy has some good sales online... (I'm always looking for a reason to shop.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is THE problem to have - I am tellin' you! Maybe try resale stores. Good luck.

    Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Kellan, consignment stores can have really great stuff and the price is usually much better than retail.

    It's a great problem to have but it's not much fun when you have nothing to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacie, I feel your pain! After losing 20lb all my clothes are too big. I've bought myself a few new things but now my ENTIRE summer wardrobe needs replacing and I don't have the cash.
    It's all very well to say this is a good problem to have, but when you have it, it actually sucks!
    Good luck finding some new (smaller) clothes ... if you have a friend or family member who has outgrown some stuff, that could be an option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm Goodwill? Thrift or consignment shops? How about making your own clothes? HA! Just kidding. Can you imagine trying to sew yourself a pair of jeans??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that it is soooo cold there right now. Today it was in the high 70's here! Add tall boots with the capri's! That is still in fashion. Good for you girl...that is a problem that I am hoping to have some day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so going to have this same problem IF FALL ever decides to arrive here. It was 95F today! agh. Send some cooler weather in our direction!

    Check ebay if you don't want to get out and go shopping. maybe someone is selling a wardrobe that would be a perfect fit. (i know..wishful thinking...but worth the try!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the weight loss!!

    I recently lost soem weight and I am having the same problem. The fun part is shopping (wrangling) 2 kids in the dept. store fitting room, while you determine what size you need.

    Have fun! Who doesn't love shopping?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just getting caught up on blogs...

    SO let me get this straight...you WILL eat a SIXLET but not if it's been up my nose?

    What gives?

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. In SE VA today, I am reminded of San Diego...made the run a lot easier this morning!

    Sorry it is so gloomy for you. I am hoping that we get a month or two of wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...