
That could stand for the diggety bomb on Idol last night. I really was preparing myself for them all to bomb the Mariah Carey songs. I was pleasantly surprised. Not jumping out of my chair (with the exception of Jason) but it was a good night for the Idols.
I really thought that having them perform these songs it was just going to be a mess and a bunch of negative criticism from the judges. I thought this was going to be Simon's cup of tea.
First up was David A. Is his personality draining? Like as in he really doesn't have one? Or is the one he does have just waining on my nerves? I thought his performance (singing) was good, but afterwards his attitude is lacking.
Carley: I thought it was good, but agree that she seems to be holding back something. I think she has a great talent, but just not feeling it all the time.
Syesha...ugh, *yawn*, if I had to hear her belt out "vanishing" one more time I thought I was going to have to eat some ice cream to sooth my depression.
Kristi...it is her time, it has BEEN her time to go.
Brooke....I got chills. I don't know what it is about her, maybe her pureness, but I love her...then I got scared for her. I thought she was going to fall apart. She just needs more confidence, I think. Love her style though!
David C...I think he is the whole package as Paula has said numerous times about him. I thought it was ok, and a good twist on the song. BUT, did anyone feel like it was a little stalkerish. I mean, Mariah said something about the "haunting" way he sang it and I felt a little like it could be borderline creepy if he was singing it to me (if I were his girlfriend or something)
Jason. He is my boy. I totally could see him playing that at a luau, for our wedding or something......*yummy*
Did I touch on them all? That sounds perverted after my Jason thoughts. ;)
So my bottom three would have to be
Kristi - because yeah.
Brooke - only because she wavered
and Syesha - I just don't know why she is not memorable to me.
I hope that Kristi goes home. I fear that Carley might be in the bottom again as well...but I am hoping not.
On to other household news.
Buggy dropped a d-bomb on me last night and that d stands for divorce.
As some of you may know, Buggy is from my first marriage that went totally down the tubes after I conceived her. We were separated by the time I was six months pregnant and I had my suspicions that he was already involved in another relationship before the split even happened. It is pretty safe to say that my gut was RIGHT, seeing as he married this same "woman" just a few years ago.
After spending the evening with her dad, she came into the living room and plopped herself onto the couch. Out of LEFT FIELD, she looked at me and asked:
"Why did you and my dad get a divorce?"
Startled I asked her to repeat the question.
"um" I started, "well, because we fought a lot."
"About what?" she asked.
"Everything." I spit out, just shocked that it came so out of the blue for her to ask.
"hmm," she thought, "well you and my step dad fight about everything."
With that she walked out of the room. As if she didn't want a response or was just merely stating a fact. To say my jaw was on the floor would be an understatement. After a few minutes she returned to the room and again flopped herself on the couch. I knew I had to respond, say something. SO I ever so gently said, "Bugs, yes, me and your step dad DO fight a lot, but we are working on things and it is a different situation than me and your dad. Right now, me and SD are NOT getting a divorce."
She looked at me as if she really didn't care and started talking about her new puppy at her dad's house.
I know kids are smart and they know more than we give them credit, but to witness it is a WHOLE 'nother thing. I think it is time to sit her down and talk more about what is going on with me and hubs. I also want to stress that just because people fight it doesn't necessarily mean they will get divorced. I think I should also contact her father and make sure we are on the same page with the reason we did divorce. UGH.
Such a big topic for a seven year old. Now how to put it all in seven year old terms...
Holy Cow! How do you prepare for that kind of curveball?!?
ReplyDeleteStill, I'll be that she was reassured by your statement - even if she pretended as though she wasn't. I'm sure that it gave her some comfort and helped her sleep better. Emotions are tough on the kids, I'm sending you all the e-couragement I've got!
Wow! That was out of the blue. It's amazing how much kids pick up on. If she's asking that kind of question, then she does need an age appropriate explanation of what's going on. I can only imagine that she's thinking that you divorced her Dad because of fighting...and she's probably afraid that you and her step-dad will divorce cause you're fighting too. Some reassurance is probably all the munchkin needs. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteL.
First, you know I have to talk about Idol (we'll get the least important stuff out of the way). I am with you on the bottom three . . . all the way. And, yeah, David A's personality is lacking. Maybe he's just so young/or a puppet of his daddy. And the David Cook song . . . haunting was a good word for it. It was good, but kinda weird. Maybe it was because we know the original upbeat version. Who knows . . .
ReplyDeleteOK, the D word. I think it is a great idea for you, maybe even both of you (you and step dad) to sit down with her. She might be getting a little scared/nervous/unsure. She needs comfort, stability, assurance. Granted, there are no guarantees, knowing you are there for her, love her, and that she will always be taken care of will give her the support that she may desperately need.
Oh boy. Not trying to sound like a therapist. I swear. You didn't even ask. I just got off the phone with my mom and am still in therapist mode (yeah, I'm the therapist . . . ).
Good luck and keep me posted! XO
yeah, i think talking with her dad and agreeing on the event is a good plan, esp for a kid her age. i'm not surprised she brought it up, tho- she's a smart cookie, and she sees what's going on around her. good for you for not dodging the question!
ReplyDeleteHere's my therapist point of view whether you want it or not.
ReplyDeleteKids are insightful, horribly so.
Kids are in the present moment, the present second.
Arguing is normal and showing children that things can be worked through is the best way to convey to them the "normal" method to solving problems. You are doing fine.
Okay I just watched the Idol results show and can you call it or what! You totally predicted the bottom 3 and who would go home! Can you buy me a lottery ticket? Or well, okay buy one for yourself, whatever :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd YIKES on the divorce question. She is very close to Jack's age and I can totally see that you will have to address it with her. How though, well, I have no idea. My philosophy is honesty is always the best policy but in 7 year old terms.
Good luck Stacie, I know you will know exactly what to do!
Hugs!
Kids know oh so much more than we give them credit for! I think it's a good idea to talk to her dad and make sure you are on the same page and saying somewhat the same things to her. She's just trying to figure it all out. Good Luck!!
ReplyDeletedang, girl! you totally got the bottom 3! great predictions.
ReplyDeletei agree with most of your idol assessment. castro is my fave. brooke is starting to annoy me though. she's a little too sweet and perfect for my liking. i hate that thing she does with her lip too! anyways, i hate Mariah Carey but damn, girlfriend looked good. implants and all. :)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.
ReplyDeleteLove the new layout! Nothing says "spring" like redecorating! ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog design. And girl, you know your Idol. Color me impressed.
ReplyDelete