Thursday, March 1, 2012

So. My friend is dying.

Sorry for the mood killer title.


Due to chemotherapy not being effective, fluid around her heart and the cancer spreading to her bones, doctors have have referred her back to hospice to do comfort care for the rest of her fight against cancer. 


Really though, once Hospice is called in is it a fight at all?  No.


It's a throw in of the towel...and it really sucks.  Comfort care.  Where is the comfort in knowing there is nothing left to do but wait to die?  


At 36.

A mom, to two kids, 11 and 3.

A wife, daughter, sister, and friend.

Her life as she imagined it, will never come to fruition.

20120225-DSC_0220

Her husband is hanging in there.

20120225-DSC_0217

Her kids are managing.

Their family is in my thoughts everyday.

Photos by me.




10 comments:

  1. Ugh, that is horrible. 36 is WAY too young. I'm sorry, Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. not. fair.

    My heart goes out to her, her beautiful family and her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never easy to find words when what's happening is so unfair. I will say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sad for her family and friends..she is lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry. Cancer sucks. I'm glad that you are her friend and can be there with her. That is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend. It's just not fair....thoughts & prayers are with her husband & kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.
    Sending hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That breaks my heart. I'm so sorry for her, her family, and you. I will include you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...