Last night at Al Anon a few people mentioned things I have said that have stuck with them and made a difference in their lives. I brushed it off and said that everyone gives good advise or tidbits to help. I never thought MY words helped others. Usually the things I say are things that I too need to work on so I never thought they were offering inspiration to others. When I was leaving one of the gentleman said, "you are our A+ student". I quickly denied it and said, maybe I am more of a strong B student.
I have lost 26 lbs in WW, and yet all I can dwell on is the 5 more I WANT to lose. I have LOST 26, why don't I credit that? I think so many others have lost much more and still have a ways to go, why should I pump my fist in the air?
Our leader at WW said, "we need to have our lifetime members here at meetings to share their valuable info on how they have achieved lifetime!" I felt like slithering away, what advise could I possibly offer?
I did the same thing when I received my associates degree. I would get congratulated and all I could say was, "it's ONLY my associates" as if it was a piece of cake for me to go to school 4 nights a week for 4 hours per night with a 2 year old at home and working full time. The last year of my studies found me pregnant and then finishing out with a newborn. Bubba was born February 04 and I didn't finish until Oct 05. That wasn't easy, yet I still felt like it wasn't good enough.
I am where I need to be RIGHT NOW...and I have gotten myself there. I need to take more credit for it.
Maybe each Tuesday I should do a pat your back tuesday, where I write about something that I do that should be comendable...hmmm, we will see about that. What are you not giving yourself enough credit for tackling or doing?
Bravo! You deserve all the credit and more! I know for a FACT that going to school as an adult with kids is horribly difficult. And you did it pregnant! I probably would have shot someone.
ReplyDeleteAs for me? Today I'm giving myself credit for making it to the gym. I did it. And I feel better for it. Yay.
I am so glad to you talking about the things you have done is such a positive light! Embrace yourself, love yourself. You are amazing and talented and a great mom and doing your damndest to be a good wife...I could go on and on and I only know you via your blog...I am positive your real friends could make a list a mile long.
ReplyDeleteBe proud and hold your head high! And yes, you should make a habit of commending yourself, absolutely.
To answer your question, I don't give myself enough credit for what I do around the house...it always feels like I should do more and that my husband shouldn't have to do so much. See? Ridiculous eh?
Okay, longest comment EVER.
:-)
Thank you for this post. I am sure there are things that I should give myself credit for, but I am too busy worrying about another person's problems and how I can help them, to focus on myself as usual. I'll think of something sooner or later.....
ReplyDeleteGood for you! You deserve credit.
ReplyDeleteI think we all kinda forget that we are all her for a purpose and we can have a positive impact on others.
give yourself credit!!!! we all need to do more of that! i am continually impressed by your victories at WW with all of the other stress around you! take credit and spend some time bragging on yourself!
ReplyDeleteYou have done some great things and should pat yourself on the back daily. But I also think that having a special moment every week is a great idea! I am all about all of us learning how to be nicer to ourselves.
ReplyDeleteStacie...you are a very strong person and have done AMAZING things!