Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You capture, Wk 4- Shadows.

Week FOUR of You Capture.
Fun Carnival set up by Beth @ I Should be Folding Laundry.

Photobucket

Click the button to see who else Captured this week.

Our assignment was Shadows....capture shadows, not our own.

Oh man, I had hoped the sun would hear my request...and it did. So then I was left with WHAT? what would I photograph? Shadows, shadows!?!?!

I saw lots of shadows, but metaphorically speaking. The shadow of winter, fading and spring making its way. I'll save those pictures for another day.

Here are a few of the "shadow" pictures in the literal sense.
1)
shadows

The railing on my deck.

2)
shadows 2

The toys that were brought out to play in the beautiful sun. I think this shadow one is my fav.

3)
shadows 3

The empty pot, waiting for the flowers to be planted. I love the picture, but not for the shadow of it...

4)
shadows 4

The last reminents of summer gone by, the long winter dark and cold. Time for spring. Time for new starts.

I have flags in a few of my flower pots, cause I love America (duh). The fourth happens to be my favorite holiday...and a certain someone's birthday (mine if you want to send gifts) is on the 5th of July. :)

Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. You motivate me to buy a new camera... or at least take more pics with the one I already have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 is my favorite...one of the shadows looks like an arm flexing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pot! Don't leave it out though, someone may nick it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this weeks challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love the Truck! My husband would love to hang that on my son's bedroom wall! :) Very nice photos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!!! I love the fence and the truck, but they're all good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of them but the second one I really love! The color is amazing and being a mommy of two boys myself, I have a soft spot for bulldozers. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tractor picture is great. I love the shadow you captured.

    Thanks for stopping by. I hope we can start feeling better too. Nothing worse than beautiful weather outside and having to be stuck inside feeling terrible. Plus, being this is the first time Madison has been sick - it makes everything doubly worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bulldozer...or as my son calls it, the rummm rummmm.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite is the back hoe too, it just brings up memories of happy boys playing in the sand....

    and we have the same one too so that helps with the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going with everyone else - the truck/bulldozer is awesome! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stacie, these are great shots! I especially love the second one (the contrast).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool shots! Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how those came out. It's funny because these are things I have probably seen many times but I've never taken the time to really look. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shots. What a co inky dink, my step daughter's bday is July 5th also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The toy one is my favorite. I should do this, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That second one looks absolutely alive, like it's moving on its own. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the last picture... They are all great but the last one.... just tugs at my heart strings and I don't know why........

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The truck one makes it look like some sort of spider or monster or something! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Stacie, amazing photos!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely outstanding!! Awesome captures!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos! I love the flag and the flower pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow girl. great pictures! i love the fence one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT JOB! I love the one with the truck!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...