Thursday, August 6, 2009

You Capture...yourself.

This is a fun carnival set up by Beth @ I Should be Folding Laundry.

Photobucket

Click the button to see what everyone else "captured"!

This week's challenge was a TRUE challenge for me. I never have pictures of myself...and I feel stupid asking others to take pictures OF me....and I'm not handing over my nice camera for the kids to do it...

So here's as good as it gets.

me and bubs againme and the Bubs

Here's what I've concluded...
1) my arms look decent, yet still wave good bye to you.
2) I do not like those sunglasses on me.

Aug09 057

hair = not done that day...and it was windy and I don't like those glasses.

Moving on.
Every summer the kids make tie dyes at their school/daycare...this year, I sent in a shirt for them to make one for me! Woot.
Aug09 010Aug09 009

They MADE those, aren't they great?
Me and Buggy

Conclusions:
1) no matter how much weight I've lost, I still have a double chin when I try to take my own photo.
2) I need longer arms...or a remote...or a photog friend that will take my picture for me. (Glamour shots, anyone?)

And, just because...I usually take pictures of my feet (not sure why) at the beach...so I'll leave you with, my feet on the rocky beach.
Traveling Beach Toes

So there you go.



Photobucket

45 comments:

  1. great job - I love the tat! oh to live by the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww, now this is the first time I have seen you...what a cutie!
    And yeah, I feel like a total tool taking pictures of myself too...hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are beautiful... and I don't really like those glasses either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the second one with you without the shades is pretty good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feet are sexy. Those are some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know at blogher this girl had like an extending pole thing that she kept her camera on. When she wanted a pic with someone she set the timer extended the little thing and then it was the perfect length for the shot.

    btw-I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great shots! Love your conclusions ;) Too funny!

    ps - I'm not feelin' those glasses either...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job!! And, I must say, you do have great arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too hard on yourself, you look great! And I love the feet shot, I do that too. It reminds me of what I saw when I was there...apparently I spend a lot of time staring at my feet....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you, I delete half my pictures because of double chins. I love your tattoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel ya, man. I cannot take an arm's length picture of myself to save my life! They give me double chins and a conehead. I puffy heart my remote. :)

    But these pictures are beautiful! And those shirts - wow! They did an awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great!

    Love your hair at the beach, very windswept and carefree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those were nice... and I agree - loose the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww...you're beautiful! Love those beach shots! And the kids did a fabulous job on your shirt! I too can't shake the double chin--I find if I do self-portraits looking UP at the camera, there is no double-chin (not that I do self-portraits very often, mind you!!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Check out the HOT Mama! Fantabulous pics. The one with you and your son {sans glasses} belongs in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm right there with you on the self portrait conclusions! It's great to see you - the first two are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very good job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ;) The key is to hold the camera higher so you are forced to look up ;) or at least not down

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the beach shots! Hooray for aviators and wind blown hair, it's so real. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent shots! Love the glasses on you! Tell your kids, Great Shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Big fans of tie-dye in this house. They did a great job with their tees. I think you look fantastic. I also get the double chin too - there's a way to tilt your head to avoid this but I'm often caught off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love every single one of these shots...Absolutely beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo! I saw something somewhere that you would love! (I want one for myself) it's this little doo-dad that you can attach the camera to and hold out in front of you for the "me in the picture" shot!

    This isn't making any sense is it? Wish I could remember the name of that thingy!

    But, anyway, your pictures are AWESOME and you are giving yourself too hard of a time! Love the tie-dye! Can they make me one next year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome pics! I always have a double chin. Doesn't matter who takes the picture. And I'm waving my arm fat at you right now. Cute feet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice feet--you have good toe spread.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are beautiful! And I? Love the sunglasses.

    Get a remote!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your feet pictures :) You look fantastic in all your shots - especially the first two :) This week is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the feet photos. Your shirt turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Taking your own photo is tough. And don't be pointing out all the stuff you hate when you post these photos--they are GREAT! I didn't even notice the glasses until you pointed them out. Yeah, you need a smaller frame. But you still are cute!! Kids are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are awesome!

    p.s. I'm a big fan of foot shots :) Most convenient subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  33. great shots! looks like you're having fun and thats all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those are great pictures! We just made fun t-shirts just like that. Oh...and great color on the toes:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I try to take my self-portraits in the mirror! No need for long arms!

    I think all of your captures are great and I LOVE the tie-dyed shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The never-dying double chin...I have that too. But I think your pictures turned out great. And really, how can you go wrong with beach pictures anyway?

    Annual tie-dying shirts sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll have to do with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are fantastic! (And so are your children :-> )

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hold the camera above you and look UP at it...anti-double-chin-secret!

    ReplyDelete
  39. quit being so hard on yourself.... you look great !

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just picked up my camper in her tye-dyed shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. So nice to see YOU! You look great in that tie-died shirt and you have great feet too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those first two shots of you are wonderful - you look SO GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great job! I particularly like the one with you with your son (no sunglasses). And I totally agree with you about your conclusions!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Girl you are so funny, I love your post!
    It is a pleasure to meet you!
    Oh My and I totally love your tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, pull up a therapy couch and tell me all about it...